Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Mobile][Social] Keep Apple sign '' in button for mobile version of accounts.spotify.com

We are developing a mobile app based on Spotify API and we use web sign-in page to authenticate users who have not installed Spotify app on their devices yet. That web page is located on accounts.spotify.com and has a button with the title "CONTINUE WITH APPLE".

However, the Apple review team doesn't allow our app to be approved in the App Store. According to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, this button should contain the '' sign, but accounts.spotify.com contains google, facebook, apple signs only when the width of the page is more than 767px.

Can you please keep '' (and other signs) on buttons' titles even for smaller devices? (specifically for iOS)

I hope this message reaches the right department and will be fixed soon, as it seems a pretty quick fix.

holyavkin_1-1653088164791.png

big screen

holyavkin_2-1653088197447.png

small screen

Updated on 2022-08-20

Hey @holyavkin 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-07-07

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

camdengaba

Came here today to post the same exact issue.

Is there a workaround?

(Lucky for me, the current version of my app crashes after a critical feature. I'm now trying to submit a fix and of course Apple suddenly decides to cares about this.)

JacksonCampbell

You won't get anywhere by suggesting this in the community. They can't figure out the difference between a feature suggestion and a bug. You should contact support directly and fix it.

otri

@Luan This is an Appstore submission breaking CRITICAL BUG.  Please escalate and fix.

You will never ever get sufficient votes but it is absolutely a mission critical blocker for any app integrating Spotify SDK and requiring Apple Appstore approval.

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-08-20

Hey @holyavkin 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂