Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Your Library] Toggle "Keep One Song" option active across multiple songs

The main way I listen to music is to listen to individual songs on repeat. However Spotify resets the "repeat one song" option every time I select a new song. Considering I'll jump all over my library usually randomly choosing songs, having to re-select "repeat one song" for every single song is very frustrating. This was a deal breaker the first time I tried using Spotify. I only returned to Spotify due to Amazon Music's app being an absolute mess.

Every other app I've used kept "repeat one song" active across different songs. Or maybe even having a toggle to give more options for users with different listening habits.

Updated on 2022-10-30

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 50 votes within 3 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day! 

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-07-30

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

eule_7834

Hello, I very much agree with this suggestion. I have the same problem with the DESKTOP app. I activated the Repeat feature, but as soon as I skip with the MacBook playback hardware keys (<< , > , >>), the Repeat feature is deactivated. This makes no sense. If I want it to be deactivated, I would deactivate it in the app. Deactivating it on any skip makes no sense and is very annoying. If you absolutely want to keep this counterintuitive "function", then please at least give an option to deactive it, so that REPEAT stays activated after a song skip.

Background: I woule like to listen to songs on repeat (during my work) until I get bored of them, and then skip to the next one. It helps me to eventually pay enough attention to every song that is playing because I keep in on repeat until I feel like I have heard enough of it.

Thank you.

I would like to add that the main problem is that with the MacBook, I don't have immediate quick access to the repeat toggle -- i just have the hardware keys. I would have to go to the spotify app and deactivate it after every skip and go back to my work - which would be an unacceptable interruption of workflow. At the moment I use my phone to fix this problem, but it forces me to have spotify running on the phone - i.e. the phone is now "occupied" by spotify. So I'm now using my iPad or an old iPhone --> yet more devices lying around, more cables, more battery depletion to care of etc. -> not a good solution.

Emilia_8
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-10-30

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 50 votes within 3 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day!