Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[New Device] Shower Thing

There should be a device like Car Thing. But for the shower, Shower Thing. A water-resistant speaker that's connected to your Spotify that you can control with your voice and suction cup to the wall. If this becomes a Thing let the free trial be in Canada and the USA so I can order one. 

Updated on 2021-07-18

Hey @22ubrtpnrcis5by 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
malcomneoh

I've literally thought of the same thing as well and was wondering if anyone else thought of it. Spotify please make the trial to be in Canada and USA!!

MattSuda

I was thinking they should make the same thing! haha

I currently have a bluetooth waterproof speaker from Ultimate Ears (WONDERBOOM 2) in the shower that is hung up and plays music from my computer or phone. I choose the music before my shower usually from my computer (Spotify desktop app) and then in the shower (with buttons) I can play/pause, skip to next song, and change the volume. This setup works pretty well. The speaker has a battery inside and I just plug it in once a month or so to recharge.

There might be some complications though and it wouldn't work 100% like the Car Thing because there is water in the shower so some things would be different.

Here's how I am thinking the Shower Thing would work:

• Hang in the shower or suction to the wall (multiple mount options)
  • Completely waterproof
  • Has a built in speaker
  • Has a built in battery that is rechargeable (plugin power won't work in a shower)
  • WiFi connection / Bluetooth connection ? (maybe Spotify Connect, and Bluetooth, not sure)
  • Be able to use with Spotify Connect (choose music on iPhone or computer before shower)
  • Color screen to see what is playing (with no touch, because of the water) (just to see now playing info)
  • Physical buttons for play/pause, skip, previous, volume, etc.
  • Physical preset buttons on it just like the Car Thing (this would help since the screen won't be touch)
  • Hey Spotify voice assistant to assist with changing what is playing (if you can get this to work in water and over the loud shower)

I don't see this happening but still fun to dream

Mihail
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

MadmanOnWheels

I just found out about this, from TreyAnastasio. Make it waterproof, though. I would buy one.

Briansmith84

It's quite disgusting that this has not been done. Tens of millions listen to music in the shower, and we have to set the music before and play it on a boring waterproof speaker and can only skip from speaker. Blows my mind that these clowns don't have enough common sense to make this. Who wouldn't want a sexy screen displayed on their shower wall????

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-07-18

Hey @22ubrtpnrcis5by 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂