[Other] The Spot (Dedicated MP3 Player)

Dedicated Spotify MP3 player

With the Spot you can leave your phone at home, connect you bluetooth to the tiny form MP3 player that is no bigger than a tube of chapstick. You are able to hold your entire Spotify playlists accessible by voice control. With all day battery life, your headphones will need to recharge before The Spot will. 

Tried of running, biking, going to the gym with your phone? Want a device that connects you to all of your playlists on the go? The Spot is what you've been waiting for. 
The size of the 3rd and 4th generation iPod shuffles were a stroke of brilliance that should be reinvented and taken as a Spotify product. 
Think shuffle-like design(black and green of course) with voice commands that take you though all of your playlists. New playlist sync done via bluetooth when device is near phone or computer allowing the user to change their playlists right before the next workout. Later on this will open up development for Spot specific applications like Calm(remind me to meditate), Zero(remind me to fast), Tasks(remind me to remind myself of something later on), you get the idea. This is a way for Spotify to both break into the hardware game as well as open up a broader marketplace for 3rd party application development. 

Of course more could be done with a small screen attached but let not get too far ahead of ourselves. WE NEED THIS!!

TheSPOT.png

Updated on 2022-01-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-11

Hello @lordj87,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

jimbobrun

I was just trying to set up my old iPod shuffle again and forgot how amazing the form factor was. This is a brilliant idea and worth some attention 🙂

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-01-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.