[Partnership] Bring back support with Djay

Spotify is not continuing support with djay or other 3rd party apps for some reason! Please vote to bring this back a lot of people can’t afford to get another streaming service and Spotify. We are used to using Spotify and know how to work it! No one wants to have to get another service and try to figure out how to work it! Plus most people have spent a lot of  money on a mixer that’s compatible with djay. I got one of the cheapest options the pioneer DJ DDJ-WeGo4 for $400 at the time and now I can’t even use Spotify with it! SPOTIFY PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!! WE NEED 500 VOTES FOR THEM TO CONSIDER IT!!!

Spotify changed it back from good suggestion to new idea again so we might have a chance!!!

Updated on 2021-08-24

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We thank you for all the votes and support. We've discussed this idea and your feedback with the relevant team and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it. 

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
DavidMolenaar

It is of course ridiculous that support for Djay has stopped. I am a long time user of spotify and over time, it has improved. 

But to me the decision to stop support for 3rd party apps had reduced the value of spotify.

i could see the logic in this decision if Spotify themselves was to develop proper DJ functionality. 

that hasn’t happened - I don’t see the logic. It needs thorough explanation. Very likely to switch to Tidal if nothing happens or if 3rd party support doesnt come back

Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

mbug90
Roadie

So help me, @spotify will not delay in bringing this back

sylvestermobile

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no integration anymore. I hope Spotify will accept that a lot of people will change there subscription to Youtube Music because they have integration with Algoriddm. It's a sin.

Regards,

Sylvester

thetargazer
Regular

Can't believe Spotify removed this feature. Was perfect for small parties & bar gigs. Had to signup for Tidal to continue using Djay.

omvek

Sooo bummed out when I went to use djay a couple of weeks ago, and realized that spotify would no longer stream on it...

So I'm using Tidal, but I really don't want to...

But I'm likely not going to keep both and as I am going to be doing more events with music, I will need something that will run on djay.

Abbymacpherson

Definitely agree with this idea! So disappointing when you pay all this money for a deck and can’t even use it with Spotify. Will have to cancel my subscription with Spotify because I’ll need to subscribe to a different music app that is allowed to be used with the Djay app and I most certainly will not be paying for both therefore Spotify will have to go unfortunately 

Phibbsy9

Yes please allow Spotify to be used with the Djay app again! 

cmlaermteinntez

Dear Spotify,

Please implement the integration of you streaming service to 3rd party DJ apps like Rekordbox, Serato and Djay.

I love Spotify so much I even bought shares of the company. However, my only choice right now is to change streaming services from Spotify to Tidal in order to be able to use it in the DJ software I use (Rekordbox).

I really hoped I didn't have to do this and I know a lot of amateur DJ have done this as well but wouldn't have if Spotify was supported.

Thanks for having this as a Live Idea.

GroovyPeeple
Visitor

I am disappointed like everyone else that I'm not able to mix my Spotify playlist on the Djay Pro app.  What I don't understand is why the integration was terminated. Can someone at Spotify explain the decision process?