Announcements

[Playlists] Create Playlists based on Mood

Dear Spotify, I have been using you product for a few months with a lot of pleasure, playlists are great.

Getting up this morning I had an idea (you must get lots of them…). If you could build an interface that could create a playlist based on your mood of the day it could be great. For example one could tap the beat that one feels (excited=fast, mellow=slow), then chose through a number of options (Feeling: down, up, soso etc.) then the type of music you feel like (classic, rock, disco etc.) maybe your age so it is generation matched and it creates a playlist based on those variables. I dont know what data is attributed to each song you have so it might be difficult, but I believe this could be a great plus.

Kind regards,
Per Bo Mahler

Update: A similar idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-04-24

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
You can already check out the Browse Section => Genres & Mood => Mood, to find some mood-based Playlists.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: A similar idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!