[Playlists] Make it possible to replace a song in a playlist with another version of it

This kind of thing happens really often - I find a song I like, but its album isn't on Spotify yet, so I have to add it from some 'Best Of' compilation. The thing is, the song's official album gets added to Spotify in the meantime, but if I want to add it from there, I have to delete the song that's already in the playlist, deleting the original 'Date added'. I don't like having to reset these dates, because I often sort playlists by date added, and I like having songs from their official albums instead of some crappy compilations.

So, here's the idea. Just add the option under the three dots next to a song to replace the song with another variation of it. The songs could be recognized as the same if their titles are the same/similar and the artist's names are the same. This could also come in handy if a song is unavailable/greyed out, but another version of it is available.

Cheers!

Updated on 2022-06-09

Hey @Ognjen1 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-03-09

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

isabelefar

It would be great, I'm having a hard time replacing the songs in my playlists with Taylor's Versions haha

Yes please. Besides what you pointed out, it's a pain to replace songs if your playlist has hundreds of songs because you have to scroll back to find where that song is in your list. Please give us an easier way to fix this.

dead_wrestler

This would require Spotify actually knowing when two tracks on different releases are the same recording of the same song. Which I am almost certain they don't.

Given Spotify gets confused by two artists that have the same name I have little faith in their ability to pull this off.

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-06-09

Hey @Ognjen1 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂