Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Remove a song from a Blend and prevent similar songs

I had a suggestion for the new Spotify Blends that came out for Spotify. I really like this new feature and I think Spotify has done a really good job with it!

However, I listen to a genre that my friends do not like. I noticed that a lot of music of that genre appeared in my Spotify Blends even though I have other music in common with my friends that could appear instead. Right now, the only option is to 'hide the song' but that only works to hide the song from your own device.

Can we have a 'remove from playlist' option for songs that we don't like in the Blend? Removing the song should ideally be permanent, and should work on the entire playlist on all devices. Also, once we remove songs from the Blend, then can it prevent similar songs/songs of that genre from appearing again in the Blend? It would be even better if right after we remove a song, it is instantly replaced by a song that is different from it like it is learning from the feedback.

Thanks!

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
annakate22

It would be great if people sharing a blended playlist had the option to remove songs they don't like from the playlist as a whole, rather than just hiding them from themselves, and prevent similar songs from appearing on the playlist in the future. There are songs on my blended playlists that I haven't listened to in over six months, and since hiding them from the playlist and not listening to them anymore won't remove them, having the option to do it myself would be awesome. This would also allow users to prevent embarrassing songs from being seen by others in the playlist, and generally make it a more enjoyable experience!

bomantron

I think there is definitely something to be said about Spotify taking your whole library and making recommendations with another person, *without* giving you the chance to edit. It should have been a clear use case that many people have niche tastes that are not liked by their friends. Even if it's not niche, the difference in music taste between people vary.

Even if this feature is in beta, base functionality like this, for a playlist editing app, should be foundational.

bomantron

To add, this definitely feels like somewhat of an invasion of privacy. I joined a blend without knowing Spotify would pull random songs from my listening history and the fact that I can't leave the blend or even edit "my contributions" is honestly angering. 

This shouldn't even be a community suggested feature, this is base functionality you'd expect from a shared playlist between users. 

HeresJonnie

Yes, please allow me to remove songs. There's a song I've stopped listening to and unliked, hoping it would not show up in my blend... and as of today, it's somehow jumped to #1. It's driving me mad, and it's awkward for me and the other person.

Malkie

would be incredibly useful

Poemind1971

This needs to be revived.  Created a blend with my son that really needs editing!  How this wasn't functionality that you could foresee is kinda beyond me.  I just encountered Blends, how is it that this idea has already come and gone? 

SenorSopa

I saw this feature just recently and thought it would be cool, the fact that it's not editable is stupid. Also, it should pull from similar tastes not everything! I wanted a fun list with my dad (78) and don't need a bunch of death metal songs I didn't even add to my own liked songs!

My wife and I have a list with songs that neither of us can figure out where they came from as neither of us like them, and we can't remove them? This is a really dumb and pointless 'feature'.

Helena21

Spotify, please pick this original idea up - just used blend for the first time and although the majority of songs are great, there’s a handful of songs from my end that are from a genre that only I listen to, so it’s not appropriate for this blend. 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Kavinda

Yes!! We really need this!!