[Podcasts] Add an option to disable Podcasts

Thank you for providing a unified platform for podcasts. However, I don't go to Spotify to play podcasts. I come here - and pay for it, might I add - to listen to music. The only time I've ever clicked a podcast is by accident, and I find it frankly unacceptable that I can hide specific artists, but not podcasts.

I like Spotify (within reason), but I get my podcasts somewhere else. I'm not saying that we shouldn't do podcasts at all, but maybe add a toggle in the profile or the settings to hide all podcasts and podcast-related content. I realise that podcasts are a big revenue stream and thus should be pushed, but I'm already paying for Spotify, so maybe make it a Premium feature?

Thank you for your consideration.

Updated on 2021-07-14

Hey there,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
tunzenabi
Visitor

Yes!! I am not against podcasts, but I generally have no interest in them...especially when they are forced onto me in such an unrelenting and intrusive way. I also pay for Premium and only use Spotify for music...I don't want to hear talking.
Also, spying on my Facebook activity to target me with specific podcasts infuriates me even more! I have no interest whatsoever in ANY of the podcasts that are targeted towards me.

Mihail
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-14

Hey there,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!