Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Option to disable call-to-action cards in podcast ads

The new "feature" called "Call to Action" cards is a disgusting breach of trust between Spotify and its loyal paying customers. One of the primary reasons that I, along with millions of others, use Spotify is the absence of advertisements. Ads have suffused the American lifestyle to such an appalling degree that any consumption of media without the domination of ads has become a rarity and a blessing. 

Spotify has for years diligently held up its promise of an ad-free experience to those willing to pay a premium, and I am grateful. Excessive advertising inside of podcast episodes did manage to creep in, but that is somewhat justifiable given the private nature of the production of those episodes. However, these new "Call to Action" cards truly cross the line. By including built-in ads in the app itself, Spotify is lying to its customer base. 

I have zealously touted Spotify for years and years and the service has truly revolutionized my entire relationship with music and podcasts. But I am so tired of the constant barrage of advertisements from every possible direction that this will certainly prompt me leaving Spotify if not corrected. 

At the very least, since Spotify is hilariously marketing this as a feature for its users, give us premium users the option to turn it off. Otherwise, I'm out.

Updated on 2022-04-08

Hey @jmkunisch 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Kiril
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-01-11

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion with mild edits in your title. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-04-08

Hey @jmkunisch 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Eleciryon

I really think there needs to be a class action lawsuit against them for deceptive marketing practices because of this, especially in light of the bad faith responses Spotify staff have for this. Closing a topic on injected ads and referring it to a thread on host-integrated marketing was pretty gross. This is clearly just a cash grab that breaks the spirit of what we pay for.