[Podcasts] Sort options for Your Episodes

we REALLY need the ability to ORGANIZE / SORT podcasts intelligently on iOS. I’m shocked that we don’t have the ability to do this!!! It’s difficult to navigate through saved podcasts in order of “recently updated”. Can Spotify please look into this? Thank you

on desktop you can sort A-Z. or by recently updated. That’s at least a little bit better. We need the ability to organize podcasts into meaningful groups that we can navigate easily. If not it’s such a headache!!!

Updated on 2022-01-19

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-03-31

Marked as a new idea + edited title.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Knowledgeispowe

Hopefully this gets looked at think it's a great idea and would significantly enhance user experience in terms of being able to sort, organize, view and ultimately listen to podcasts.

FitzChivalry

This is necessary for anyone who follows more than 15 or 20 podcasts. Sorting by most recent content does me no good. Having 76 followed podcasts in a single container is just dang difficult to manage. Many dont release every week so they filter further and further down. 

Castbox gets it. 

Please make this so. 

Danifie23

The new playlist “your podcasts” is really nice, but I personally like to listen to my podcasts from oldest to newest, being that reason why I didn’t use Spotify for that. Now that I can have all shows in one place and being able to actually see all my unplayed episodes, it would be nice if I can sort all of them from oldest to newest

vladshev

The sort option is a must. I, for example, listen to history podcasts,  so I want to listen to older episodes before the newer ones. Maybe have the option to manually organize the playlist. Because I want to listen to podcasts my way.

Elena
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2021-01-02

Hey @Danifie23,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

TCspotty

Same problem with sorting in the Android app.

Vahur

Hi

This is the most important feature for me (I'm shure I'm not the only one, 6 votes already 😄 ) to start using Spotify as my primary podcast player. It seems as a basic feature for a podcast app to play episodes from different podcasts from oldest to newest. A lot of podcasts follow a timeline of some sort (history, news, IHMO all podcasts) so even as a default behaviour for episodes to play in a newst to oldest seems to make no sense. 

I hope this feature gets a lot of attention and gets implemented soon for me to consider switching to listening podcasts in Spotify. I have been a premium Spotify user since the very beginning after availability in my country. Sometimes the logic behind Spotify playlists algorythms seems confusing (queue list etc). I like the idea of listening to music and podcasts (all audio, a wider business plan for Spotify obviously) in one app but the features that are implemented at the moment are far from decent to switch (not even talking about auto add to "my episodes" playlist, trim silence etc).

All the best. 

Vahur

Hi

UPDATE: There seems to be a reverse logic in the order the different episodes are added to "Your episodes" list. The list is populated from bottom to top in the order the episodes are added - lastly added episodes on the top of the list. Might be confusing but for someone who wants to listen to episodes from oldest to newest you have to start adding episodes under "Podcasts > Episodes" to "Your episodes" from the newest releases and then finish listening to "Your episodes" list, then clear it and then add new episodes following the mentioned logic. 

If your head explodes, I can try to take screenshots etc to visualise this 😄

Cheers 

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-22

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.