Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
jmo333

Agreed, I’ve taken to Twitter about this to the point that Spotify support doesn’t even reply to me anymore when I complain. 

Vanyo
Massive unsuscription may also help them see the point.
There ARE other alternatives out there.
DRReese

This continues to annoy me at least once a week. It would be nice to feel like Spotify has some kind of regard for its users. If I weren't so enmeshed in it, I'd switch to a different service like Apple music. Does anyone know how much more extensive Spotify's catalog is?

Even if they were to implement this, I'm so much happier with Apple Music and I would stick with them. The collection is identical and now with Lossless and Dolby Atmos, AM has an advantage. The only thing Spotify is better for is their AI to create "stations" based on a style or track, but I think most people who rely on a streaming service to choose their songs for them probably don't care how accurate it is. AM still does a decent job with "stations". Plus, I really don't miss Spotify's ugly UI. AM is so much visually appealing. AM has it right; Play Next or Play Later. Simple as that.

Jamalleelee

Just canceled my subscription and moved to Apple Music. I love the lyrics feature, free lossless playback and the fact I can use my own music library on my PC again! 

Maybe one day they will listen to their user base, add basic features. 

Flinlock

Wow, how many votes and comments does it take to motivate Spotify to implement this? This isn't even a difficult feature from a development standpoint...

I've used all the major music streaming services. All of them have a "play next" feature, even YouTube music which has the worst interface and feature set of all.

Come on, Spotify! Don't get lazy being on top or you won't be for long.

Mihail
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-08-04

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this feature in-depth internally and also carried out a variety of tests with different groups. Based on the results we can confirm that for the moment we won't be changing the existing way queueing works. As we don't have any immediate plans to implement this, we'll be changing the Idea Status to Case Closed.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

I often add track to the play queue which can be quite a large number but I need a way to queue a track next. This is a very basic feature that Apple, Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz to name but a few have already implemented. This is a very simple change and widely asked for.

JacksonCampbell

YouTube Music and Microsoft Groove music have a queue option, but also an alternative option to queue called "Play Next" which places the selected song (or album) at the top of the queue. Many times I place an album in queue to listen to before finishing the playlist I'm already on, but I often am reminded of a song that I want to quick play before the context of the song is forgotten. As it is, I have to add it to queue and drag it to the top of the queue, which is not horrible on mobile but absolutely terrible on the desktop app where the queue does not scroll as you drag which makes dragging it up a 50 song queue take a while. And it's just quite a bit of work just to add one song. So, I would love for the addition of a "Play Next" option. Check out the services mentioned at the top in the screenshots for examples. Notice that is in addition to queue (or add to now playing for Groove).

Screenshot_20210927-220306_YouTube Music.jpg
Screenshot_20210927-221120_Groove Music.jpg
VaporDegenerate

An option to move selected song/album/playlist to the top of the queue.

As someone who came to Spotify from Youtube Music, I find the lack of this simple function infuriating. I am aware that the 'Add to queue' option exists. I think that another should exist, that being 'play next'.
All too often I'll have a long queue lined up, and moving songs all the way from the bottom up to the very top is infuriating - especially when taking music requests from people. Such a simple thing that makes such a big difference.