Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
reubster

Instead we get stupid nonsense like "Blend". 

Actively looking at alternative services now. 

jaume-vt

Yeaaha please this

jkcash

Complete insanity that this isn't a feature after 10 years, when every other service has integrated.  Think of this frustrating flow:  You want to queue up an album or playlist. You add it to queue, great. But wait, there's one song from this particular playlist or album or somewhere else that you want to add next. You can't do it. You have to either clear the queue and re-add everything you've just added, or go into the queue, and DRAG THAT SONG ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP. This is a constant source of frustration, and such a no-brainer. Please consider adding this.

Doggo4

Constant hassle, glad to know Spotify is "listening to its users" as normal. It's the simplest thing, this thread has been here for like 10 years, what more will it actually take? Does Elon have to buy up this platform as well, is that what it takes to improve it? Since you all don't seem interested in customer satisfaction, only money.

Hubo
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this feature in-depth internally and also carried out a variety of tests with different groups. Based on the results we can confirm that for the moment we won't be changing the existing way queueing works. As we don't have any immediate plans to implement this, we'll be changing the Idea Status to Case Closed.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

JacksonCampbell

I would really enjoy listening in on those discussions.

meowsqueak

> We've discussed this feature in-depth internally and also carried out a variety of tests with different groups. 

Wow, how much effort does it take to mess up a basic feature and then conclude it's "working as intended"?

You don't need a focus group to see that the current feature is fundamentally broken.

tdzl

This is crazy. Such a basic feature. Apple Podcasts and YouTube mobile are perfect examples of how this feature should work. This type of decision is what makes me want to switch platforms.

mikebsomody
Could not agree more. Every streaming platform has this feature. Apparently, Spotify is big enough that true customer input doesn’t matter. Not sure I will leave the platform but seriously thinking about moving to the free tier.