Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Queue to Next or Last

Present two options on rightclick, Queue Last and Queue Next. Very easy to implement, and useful. 

The way I been using spotty lately is to keep adding to Play Queue, it has gotten really long and sometimes I want to listen to something right now, then I have to add to queue and then move the songs all the way up to the top.

Mediamonkey have had this implemented since long ago. Mediamonkey is btw the best musicorganizer I've ever owned or tried. 

Updated on 2023-03-28

Hey there,

Thanks for this submission. We had a slight hiccup with moving ideas to different boards, but it's all good now.

We're setting the status of this one as "not right now", but that doesn't mean that your votes don't count.

Cheers!

Comments
lucasrcosta

Un ****** beliveble how this is not a feature. CHECK ITUNES FOR CHRIST SAKE. CHECK WINAMP. A SIMPLE QUEUE where I can put the songs ANYWHERE I WANT. GOD....

dannobolger

Firstly, thanks for a great bit of software. Spotify is awesome! Interestingly, I read in another thread re: queing that users expect that when they add something to the queue that it is played next. That's not how I expect a queue to work. I expect that when I add something to a queue, it is added to the end of the list.

I would love it when you queued something to play, it went to the end of the queue by default rather than the next song. However, it would be great to have the option of adding something to the queue to play next.

It would be even better if queuing in Spotify worked like it does on the Sonos.

I have a Sonos, and while their user interface leaves a lot to be desired, one thing they have absolutely nailed is their queuing approach. When you find something you want to listen to, you can choose from the following options:

• Play Now
  • Play Next
  • Add to Queue
  • Replace Queue

otosnede

New Spotify user here and I'm telling you... this behavior ALONE has me considering going to Rdio or Xbox Music... I've never seen a queue (in any piece of software I've used) NOT add something to the END of the list... that's a standard behavior and this Spotify business of adding it after the currently playing track is just all sorts of backward. It makes my listening pleasure in the app almost non-existent because of it... I like browsing albums, tracks and adding stuff I see that I want in there... you know... the way iTunes does it!! The current method is extremely confusing... tracks get highlighted in yellow? Why? Then I click to remove them but they stay there... I don't know hwo programmed that functionality, but they must've not gotten any sleep the night before, geez.

idontneedalogin

Just adding my weight to the call to finish the queue function in the Windows client (I just don't consider it finished). I just want to add tracks (generally albums in my case) to the END of the queue. A button to clear the queue wouldn't go amiss either, instead of the silly workarounds suggested on these forums.

I beg you: please do this before implementing any more social/share functions.

I'd like to use spotify more, but I usually just get irate trying to queue up 4 or 5 albums (please DON'T suggest I create playlists - these are not playlists). I occaisionally consider a premium account but then I remember how annoyed I get by the queue. I do check the app once in a while as there always seems to be an update to install when I open it. This thread has been active for 2 years!

StiffBoard

Hey, even Wimp got this, I'm movin my subscription.

chrispau

+1.

In my mind you should have in song (and playlist) options  :

- "add to queue" for adding as the last item or the queue

- "play next" which would add the item as the next one in the queue, instead of adding it as the last one in the queue

amuzulo

This drives me nuts. I almost only "Play next" when I listen to music, because I'd like to add music within interrupting the current song, but I want to listen to it next. Right now I get around this by dragging all the songs I need to the Play Queue and then adding them under the currrent song, but it's really annoying, since I do this many times everyday... grrr.

Please add this soon... just add Play Next right under Queue on right click. Thanks!

slyx

Kudos; I've also got a large play queue and also occasionally want to move particular tracks to the top.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

2014-09-30

Thanks for feedback guys, we're marking this as "Good Idea, give it some kudos". If there are any updates on this we will let you know here. Keep the ideas and kudos coming!

Janver

And also ask whether you want to add the whole album/playlist.

the first song you are queuing means that the rest of the album is kinda queued(second queu or something like that) although the next song you put in the queue will be before the rest of the "second queue.