Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Search for Episodes Within a Podcast Show

Allow users to search for an epidose within a specific podcast show only, similar to searching for a song within a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-01-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on mobile (for both Android & iOS users). You can find "Find in this show" feature on the top of the screen when you're on the Podcast page. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Brampan
500 or even 5000 should not be a problem really, if people could find this
thread I think it would take off. Maybe it's a bit of a hassle for most
people to formulate the issue, do a internet search and eventually end up
here is a bit of long stretch.
Sharing the link helps. And your comment helps. So thank you.
Allisone

I can't believe they would pay Joe Rogan 100 million dollars to bring his massive, long running podcast with years of famous guests exclusively to Spotify, and overlook this RIDICULOUSLY obvious feature... Asinine!

Doesn't surprise me honestly though, considering Spotify still can't figure out how to keep songs in my playlists when the artists change licensing rights or metadata. I've probably lost hundreds of songs from my collection at this point but of course there's nothing I can do and Spotify obviously doesn't care about reliability and the integrity of their user's music libraries.

I've never been so frustrated with a single company. Not kidding. My music collection is like a child to me. Imagine if your kid's left ear went missing all of a sudden and there was nothing you could do.

If this doesn't get resolved I will eventually go to the press about this. I hope you're listening Spotify!

SarahMika

Honestly spotify is fckng ridiculous. I need to manually scroll 214 episodes everyday because apparently the options to search episodes are absolutely useless both "sort" -- " all-unplayed-Sort by--date" it's the most ridiculous way someone could make to search new episodes spotify workers are just lazy or do a seriously trash job overall

chungdokwan

This should be a required feature before the app is even launched. How is it not a thing ? and people actually pay for this service ? 

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Thank you for bringing your feedback to the Spotify Community!

Your suggestion didn’t quite reach 180 votes in 6 months. Users can still vote on this idea - if it gets enough votes, Spotify will still check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

Titania840

Hi

• I would like to have a search option inside the podcasts so we can search for the title or the podcast or the guest since there are many episodes on a podcast and to scroll all the way down it could be missed what wer are looking for 
apollo2w0

Sometimes I’ll hear about a specific guest previously being on a podcast I listen to. There is currently no way to search (on iPhone at least) within that podcast playlist to find it. I either have to search the whole of Spotify or search on the internet for the episode number. It would be great if there were a search bar within that playlist to search through those specific episodes of that podcast.

celiababst

Certain playlists are super long- whether they’re user-created or it’s a podcast’s home page. We should have an option to search for the specific podcast we want to listen to. Say I’m on John Greene’s The Anthropocene Reviewed and I know he has a podcast on the qwerty keyboard. My only option to find that podcast is to scroll through until I happen upon it. There should be an internal search bar that searches only that playlist.

mrbenn_c

Filter podcast episodes by title in the same way that you can with playlists. As an avid listener of podcasts, it would be useful to be able to search through podcast shows previous episodes by title. 

A good example of this would be JRE has 1000+ episodes and it just makes sense to be able to easily find a previous episode.