Stabilize Daily Mix Cluster Numbering

I noticed that each day, the Daily Mix numbering is permuted with respect to the clustering (theme). This affects selecting the Daily Mix from my history and also following the Daily Mix. For example, if I follow Daily Mix 3, it will change themes each day, but I can find a similar theme under a different number.

If the algorithm is already clustering songs to produce the Daily Mix lists, it doesn't seem like a difficult enhancement to compare the similarities of the new day's Daily Mixes clusters with the prior day's. Then choose the numbering that maximizes the total similarity. Thanks!

Edit: The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2021-01-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
osornios
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-11

Marked as new idea.

Luke
Spotify Star
Spotify Star
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2021-01-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke