Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Graduate and Doctoral Student Discount

Currently, the student discount is set up to be available for 4 years per person. This is a hard and fast rule that does not include gradute or doctoral students.

Moving forward, Spotify needs to rewrite their policy to be available for this large population of students! This way they can continue using a platform that they know and love while still getting the student discount that they so desperately need. Higher education is expensive, and being able to save money wherever possible is essential. These students deserve the same student discount as undergraduates. 

If you're a graduate student, doctoral student, or soon to be either one, hit the like button to make this dream a reality! 100 votes and it'll get passed on for review! 

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
13_reasons

And almost a year later, Spotify still hasn't removed the 4 year limit to student premium. I am starting a doctoral program in a month and I will have 5 years left of being a full-time student. This 4 year limit hurts anyone pursuing graduate school and looking to continue their education. 

Drecadar6

Honestly I just learned of the 4 year maximum and I’m really disappointed. I’m starting my PhD program in 2 days and just got a notification that my account would go to the regular 9.99$/Mo account 

As upper level students, this is quite disappointing especially since we are all burying ourselves in more stress and debt that we don’t really have a lot of control of. As least during my undergrad I always had my music to pull me through, now I might not even be able to afford it at all. 

kxra

I would really like to see this idea implemented! As stated, higher education is expensive, and this issue is greatly impacting potential lifetime listeners. Graduate and doctorate students should not be penalized for seeking higher learning. Listeners should be able to unwind their stress with their favorite audio streaming service at a fair price that is relative to their situation. Great idea!

Jacob
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-05-20

According to the Idea Exchange Guidelines, changes to pricing, subscriptions, or the content available are specific to each market around the world, and they can’t be influenced by idea submissions. For more information, check out the Guidelines here.

Yordan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Msbeckig

I’ve reached the maximum amount of years for student however I’m still in uni yet I can’t enjoy the benefits when listening to music and studying.