Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Military / Forces Discount

Spotify currently offer students a 50% discount, yet no forces discount. Spotify should introduce a forces discount for current serving members of the armed forces. 

Updated on 2023-07-06

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Taylor

Would make sense, everyone should be respecting what the armed forces do, so a discount subscription would be the least Spotify could do for them 🙂

Anthony

sabbiecat

But it shouldn't just be active military. The veterans deserve recognition as well

longwayround

Also, doctors, nurses, teachers, policemen, cleaners, farmers... Yep, pretty much all of us contribute to society.

brehmytrey

longwayround I am not certain you have the perspective to make that generalized comment about the degree that our Armed Forces "contribute to society"

although our armed forces do "contribute to society" our mission is actually more on the line of protecting the ideals that make up what your society allows you to accomplish.  

on one hand you are choosing a line of work that helps another person or your community, which is very honorable.  

on the other hand you are sacrificing anywhere between six and fourty years of your life, giving up cherished time with loved ones, forfeiting education or the option to live inside the society that you are sworn to protect, spending years inside countries that do not have any respemblance to our country and to the freedoms we enjoy without a second thought, and they do this all selflessly--for the opportunity for millions back home and in the future to be able to make the choice for themselves if they want to "contribute to society"

jbone89

So I'm guessing that this will never happen? I would really apprecite the ability to use this while I am deployed or in the field. Pandora is not the most ideal application in most situations. Please pass this for veterains and serving members, we would appreciate the support!

P_heck
This kind of comes across as a snub to the armed forces. Considering that spotify can afford to give a 50% discount to students, and yet no discount to armed forces? I love spotify but I may or may not continue to support them or spread word about them if this is not addressed, On principle
nikkib063

Considering many, many military personnel join to simply be able to pay for their college education, I defintely will add that I think the military discount is a great idea. 

beauty2303

once i calculated how much it cost i decided to stick with the free version since pandora is so much cheaper. im ad and i just got a vpn to listen to them while overseas. yeah they are going to loose a lot of listeners over the discount... and @ nikkib063 we may join for some of the perks such as college but most of us dont actually get to use any of those perks until after retirement depending on your job and branch.

Rwhitt22

This needs to be a thing, if people who are in school get a discount why not us active duty soldiers too ??