Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Tinder] Let us choose our Tinder Top Artists

Hi! I’ve been using Spotify for many years and must start of by saying it’s a great service on it’s own, but not so great when it comes to the tinder collaboration.

everybody I speak to and a lot of people on these forums are displeased with the way Spotify represents their top artists, and so am I. I’ve updated both apps and disconnected/ reconnected my Spotify multiple times  during the last months but I still get artists like Van Morrison and fleet foxes who I have on a maximum listened to 2-3 times the last year show up on my MOST LISTENED artist.

and then when I try to update it gets even worse and I’m left with an even more inaccurate list than before.

i love to connect to people through music, and I just think it’s absurd that it’s so incredibly inaccurate.

this has been a issue for a long time, so why not in the meanwhile of you fixing the accuracy of the “top-artists-algorithm” leave an option for us to pick out our top artist ourselves? It wouldn’t be hard to implement and you wouldn’t have to remove the original function. And I bet a lot of people would find it fun as well to be in control of what their possible partners see. Just let the rest of us pick it out ourselves while you keep at the problem, thanks for reading 🙂 

Updated on 2019-05-19

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
watiekard

AGREED SPOTIFY!!! IT CAN'T BE THAT HARD TO FIX THIS

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-15

Marked as new idea.

èvé

It's been two years, what the h e l l is going on? Can't make the right artists appear, but they sure know how to s p a m your feed with Drake when they want to even though I pay to get a "premium" experience on top of the fact that they sell my data for marketing purposes and who the h e l l knows what else.  

6a5_q0k-z6uy

I fully agree, and am sure most tinder users agree.

which makes me think this should be posted at tinders page.

lilbopeep

i agree here im up to the point where its been 3 days and i been looping only the songs i listen too all day and still not in my top artists on tinder there are songs on there that I listen to once  but somehow that's my top artists which makes 0 sense  and songs that i haven't listened to in a month so I agree with this post 

Luke
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-05-19

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

dracorlando

I think they are not going to change this for commercial reasons… My top artists are popular commercial artists, from huge labels, while I keep listening less popular independent artists that are never showing up in my profile. Shame on you Spotify, it’s making me reconsider paying you for a service that is still influenced by advertising: not cool at all. 

lauriply

same here with bumble. I can’t believe they STILL haven’t fixed this.