Type in playlist name when adding a song to a certain playlist.

Been using Spotify since around 2010! When adding a new track to an existing playlist one should be able to type in the name of the desired playlist and thus add the song in a swift manner; this will save tons of time spent on scrolling and keep playlist-making FUN! This feature WAS on the PC version but now it has been removed!? Furthermore, adding this feature to Android/iPhones as well will make adding to playlist while on the go more handy and efficient. Please make it happen!

Updated on 2021-07-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Comments
dziaddy
Visitor

The feature of searching for a playlist while adding a track to one of them was very useful, no idea why it's gone now. Going through the list manually is troublesome, as the list is not even in alphabetical order. 

lucamw
Casual Listener

YES, this is driving me mad... i used to add tracks to playlists all day and now it's so frustrating to do. I just don't get why they would remove this feature. 

rawflexstars

Totally concur with the OP. Can we please, please add this functionality back?? 

rawflexstars

....Is there a way to write to Spotify on this?  I have 1,000's of playlists and until this recent change I was able to quickly add a track to a named playlist simply by right-clicking on the track name and then typing the playlist name. Within a second the playlist populates and the track is added. Now it takes a minute or so to scroll through all 1000's of playlist names in order to find the correct destination. The original feature really helped the workflow of being able to populate playlists v.quickly. Any thoughts, advice or alternative platforms is welcome.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-09

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-07-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.