[Your Library] Match local files with tracks available on Spotify

Have Spotify “Match” your existing local music library into albums/playlist so all of my devices can play my collection on the go.

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey @JohnnyBoyMcD 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-03-17

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion, which sounds like a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into your idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey @JohnnyBoyMcD 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

localoptimist
Visitor

Currently, Spotify does not have a feature to scan your hard drive/library and build a Spotify playlist automatically. To build your music catalog in Spotify, you'll need to search for each track and add/download it. 

Would be great if Local files could be scanned and added to my Spotify profile so that I do not need to keep my mp3s locally if they are available on Spotify. It appears this is already possible since Spotify does this by default for files formats that cannot be played. From the Local files support page: "If your file isn’t supported, we do our best to match it with songs from the Spotify catalog. The version we match with might differ from the original."