Announcements

[Your Library] Show all Artists in Library, not just followed Artists.

I like to scroll through my library and find old liked songs, from Artists that are not too well known to me, to listen to. However, there is only one way to do this currently and that is to go to 'Liked Songs' and scroll through thousands of all my liked songs, which is not practical.

The artists filter in my library will only show 'followed' artists. Now I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I do not follow every single artist where I like a song from which makes the filter really poor when scrolling through to listen to older music and/or creating playlists. I don't just want to see all the songs I like from followed artists, I want to see ALL artists that I like a song, or songs, from.

Similar to the album filter, it only shows liked albums and not songs that have been liked from that album, so these filters are really poor unless you want to spend hours scrolling through all your Liked Songs.

Updated on 2022-03-19

Hello again!

It looks like your Idea has not gathered the minimum of 180 +VOTES within 6 months, so unfortunately it has to be marked as Closed - Not Enough Votes

However, it's still open for voting! Even with a Closed status Spotify Staff will still be tracking this idea and its votes. 

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here. 

Thanks again for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange and have a great day! 

Comments
MafeG
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-06

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

WriterDreamer

People have been begging them to undo this change for a while. I actually switched to Rhapsody/Napster because Napster works this way. I want my library to always show all songs, artists, and albums that I like, and only those. When I click on an album I've added, I want to see only the songs that I've added. (A lot of times I'll add an album and remove one song, e.g., because it has singing and I want instrumental.) So if I play it from my library, only my saved songs play. Likewise when I click on artist, I want to see all the albums that have songs I've saved and play only those songs. Make "following" an artist something separate.

21eccajd4

This idea has been mentioned so many times, but spotify doesn't seem to care.

mb-images

So ridiculous that they claim this is a 'new suggestion'. This is how spotify worked before they added this stupid follow/like idiocy. And I gave up hope that they bring a basic library feature back and developed my own way to browse my library. It uses the spotify API:

https://sp.mb-images.de

Fell free to try and use it. Helps me finding my artists. Spotify is useless for that matter!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-30

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Len38

completely agree, I was super confused at first by how it works currently as this is how I would expect it to work

ellwto

Yes - this!

Please bring back the Artists screen for liked songs (where it showed each Artist and the number of songs you had liked for that Artist). This was a great feature and I used it all the time.

Just doing it for followed artists is not much use if you don't use 'Follow' (and I don't / won't - it's not how I use Spotify).

Here's a thought - why not please everybody - make it a toggle in the Artists page (i.e. I can toggle betwen 'Liked' and 'Followed'). I never understood why the Artists / Liked songs feature was replaced with Followed only.

Please add this back in!!

öäüß

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains...

2336 votes, was marked as implemented, and is by far not the only request for basic features Spotify needlessly ditched.

I might be wrong, but perhaps a lot of people aren't around anymore to throw their 2 cents in.

Too bad they won't participate in this little poll (but you can):

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Chat/Poll-I-wonder-how-many-users-have-cancelled-their-Spotify/m-p/...

rt_89

It's been over 2 years since this very basic feature was removed for whatever reason. Thousands of users have voted to bring it back and Spotify still hasn't listened. I mean what kind of music library doesn't let you browse a list of artists whose songs you've liked?

If they don't fix this soon I'm finding an alternative.

21eccajd4

Since a lot of users really want this feature back, we should probably paste the link to this idea in whatever forum or discussion we come across. That way this idea can gain more traction.