[iOS][Developer] Make lyrics in its original language in Japan (KPOP lyrics in Japan)

I live in Japan and listen to Spotify a lot, but in Japan the lyrics of Korean songs is written in hiragana (Japanese alphabet) and not in Korean. Refer to the screenshot attached please. I know it’s for Japanese people to sing along but it’d be nice to be able to choose original lyrics too.

I can’t sing along if it’s in Japanese alphabet and not in its original language. I can’t even read it as it makes no sense because it’s just Korean words spelled in Japanese. 

I’m pretty sure not everybody wants to see the lyrics in its Japanese spelling.  Give us options please. Those who want to see original lyrics can choose it, and those who want to sing along with Japanese spelling can choose it too. Please help us to get it fixed.

2C22C381-FF05-4F65-B997-E25C138AB533.gif

Updated on 2021-08-10

Hey @Xenya369,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it! Keep in mind that it's Status doesn't mean it won't be implemented, as Spotify will check it out if it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
Novy
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-10

Hey @Xenya369,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it! Keep in mind that it's Status doesn't mean it won't be implemented, as Spotify will check it out if it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!