Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Full Playlist Description

Dear Spotify, 

I have a feature request based on playlists.

Playlist Descriptions. I would like if you let playlist descriptions be longer and have a more button that pulls up the full description. There’s a photo provided on how it would look like.

Thank you.

IMG_7158.jpg
IMG_7159.PNG

Updated on 2023-08-04

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
lp724

After typing in my full idea for my playlist description on a desktop, i saved & realized that it was too long and didn’t show the last half of it on my phone or desktop. Maybe make it so that the whole description can be seen, instead of only half of it and an ellipsis. 

Peter
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-03-18

Edited title + marked as a new idea!

This is a repost of this inactive idea.

More info about how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Pedrinhovalle

Yeah!! We need that!

Pedrinhovalle

In mobile version, i can't see nothing about the descriptions...

RadioD-Ave

So, It's November 2020 and the same problem still exists. It is important to note that it's not OS dependent! I have Android 11 and also have the issue. Suggested fixes do not work (like clean install, etc.). It appears to be design. Why they would give you 300 characters for a description, then only show 150 on mobile is anyone's guess.

g5v

Hey! It’s late December- this was brought up in March as far as I can tell. This seems like an incredibly easy fix. Please update it!

stanisdanny

Please implement that! I don't know how Spotify team let such thing slip through their app

Porcupine42

Yeah, this really feels like a mistake/oversight that an amateurish, incompetent app will make, not an amazing and professional company like Spotify. 

Rsetian
I agree. This is a dumb oversight. @Spotify please correct ASAP
Mathewjh

I absolutely agree 100% with previous posters.  This should be a very simple fix for a company with as much money and mind-power as Spotify.  Just make the playlist description text expandable or scrollable.  Hope to see this improvement soon.  Thank you.