[iOS][Social] How many people are listening to the same song at the same time?

I think it would be super cool to know how many people are listening to the same song as you, at the same time. Today listening to “one step at a time” by Jordan Sparks, I thought to myself “I wonder who else is listening to this right now? Who else was needing some life motivation today? Who else SEARCHED FOR THIS SPECIFIC SONG?” It’s super cool for older songs especially, because that means somebody else was in the same mood as you, at the same time! Makes us all feel more connected, in an often disconnected world. Imagine, you throw on “the red” by Chevelle and you see 1.7k people raging with ya. Or “dancing in the moonlight” by king harvest…77 people were needing some good vibes in the same moment too.  Just a fun thought! It would even be cool if you could click on the little number in the corner and see usernames. Maybe you’ll find some cool new bops from other people, and really have the opportunity to connect by following and whatnot!

Updated on 2021-06-26

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

You can also check out this microsite, where you can watch in real time as fans around the world listen to the same track, at the same time.

More info on why your idea has been closed and how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
Anonymous-2020
Casual Listener

Exactly. Wouldn’t, Spotify radio also be a great idea. The experience of grooving & connecting to a song with a stranger real-time is an all together different feeling.

Mikegrad
Visitor

I think that would be an awesome feature. A way of connecting us all with others in relation to our music. The way it does during concerts. It would be amazing to know that say 3,000 people are listening to may favorite song the moment I'm listening to ut.

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-26

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

You can also check out this microsite, where you can watch in real time as fans around the world listen to the same track, at the same time.

More info on why your idea has been closed and how to search for existing ideas in the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Happy listening 🎶