Announcements

.wma formats

It would be great if Spotify were to support ".wma" (Windows Media Audio) files.  I'm something of an audiophile, and I found that .wma lossless ripping resulted in a sound quality superior to other compressed audio file formats, especially .mp3 files.  In fact, if Spotify supported .wma files, I would be inclined to buy premium, especially if they were only supported for premium users.

Thanks for your consideration,

Otto

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Support-Windows-Media-Audio-wma-files/idi-p/1034677

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
Joe

FLAC is more universally supported by hardware and there are already several threads on streaming FLAC i nnhte ideas section of the community.

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

musicmafia

my master archive of 75000 songs is in FLAC, my portable sync library of 6000 songs is WMA...spotify supports neither...i was all excited  they were offering to sync my wmp playlists then figured out no wma file support...ridiculous.

Crinn

I'm sorry but I'm not interested in converting 9000 wma files to mp3 JUST so that they will load on spotify. SERIOUSLY. SUPPORT WMA FILES. YOU WILL GET MORE CUSTOMERS IF YOU DO

rahvakunstnik

My local library is 25000 songs, and spotify shows only 7000

WTF, is this joke or what, WHERE IS .WMA SUPPORT??? AHH??? :@

Fred
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Support-Windows-Media-Audio-wma-files/idi-p/1034677

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Tula54

I agree.  Most of my music is in WMA format.  Please add support.

Jordi

Hi @Tula54 this idea has been marked as "Inactive idea". Feel free resubmit this idea.