Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

backstage-pass-03.jpg

Meet the Stars

Backstage Intro - Meet Huib

Ivan

backstage-pass-03.jpg

This month we're happy to introduce Huib, aka @Hubo, who you might’ve seen around in the Community helping Spotify users. 

Hi Hubo! Tell us more about yourself.

Hello there! I’m Hubo, I’m from the Netherlands and have been in the Star Program for about 4 years now. In 2017 I went to the Star Jam at Spotify's headquarters in Stockholm. Next to helping out on the Spotify Community and @AskSpotifyStars, I work as a barista and I do some volunteer work on the side. I study Information science in Amsterdam.

Ivan_0-1614005599710.jpeg

What's your favorite in-app feature and why? 

Definitely Autoplay - it keeps the jams flowing. Sometimes I get a suggestion from a friend telling me to listen to a song and if I like it, Autoplay gets me more similar music, keeps me in the flow and helps me discover new music. A good second is definitely Discover Weekly, which is always super spot-on for me! Wish I could have a Discover Daily! 😄

What kind of music are you into?

Really all kinds of music! It depends on the mood/setting I’m in. When just hanging out and studying I usually have some indie pop/rock tunes on in the background, but when I need to get ready for a party I can listen to EDM or pop. Some other times I can really enjoy some punk/rock or just anything! I feel like I’ve got a really eclectic taste in music. If you’ve got some nice music suggestions for me, be sure to send a PM! 

Which band would you join if you had the chance to?

This is such a hard question! There are so many to choose from which I love. I think I’d go for Oh Wonder. Really like their music, and Josephine and Anthony give me good vibes. If you look at their Instagram you can see some outtakes of their life where you can see their passion and the fun they have in making music. It’s that love for life’s joys I’d love to spread if I created music. 

spotify:artist:5cIc3SBFuBLVxJz58W2tU9:small 

Which is the one song/album/artist that’s had the most influence on you ever? 

Another tough question! I think I’m gonna go for Riptide by Vance Joy. The amount of hours (or even days) I spent with this song from when it came out back in 2014 is insane. It reminds me of all kinds of moments, with friends at the beach, just hanging and while commuting. It’s really my go-to-song if I don’t know what I’m in the mood for.

spotify:track:7yq4Qj7cqayVTp3FF9CWbm:small 

What hobbies do you have?

Programming is definitely my hobby. I’ve been quite active in the Spotify for Developers-board recently. I keep getting inspired by all the creative projects on there and it’s a super fun place to learn about working with APIs in various programming languages and to get in touch with other developers. Design is also something I love to do! I like creating prototypes, designing for UI/UX, copywriting and those kinds of stuff. That’s usually why people put me in charge of the slides for group assignments, haha.

If you could have any superpower you want, which one would it be and why?

I’d love to speak every language there is! Being able to communicate with everyone without the barriers of language. Endless conversations about food, culture and people. There is so much to the world I yet would like to discover and how nice would it be to just be able to connect with anyone.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to the Community, Huib! 

Check out the Community Blog for previous editions of Backstage Intro, along with other regular features from the Community Stars and Moderators. To find out more about the Star Program, head here

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png 

4 Comments
Katerina

That was a lovely interview @Ivan, asking the tough questions! 👏

Glad to read this @Hubo! Riptide is such a cool track, I can def see why you've enjoyed it so! 

Ivan

@Katerina Thanks! This is actually my first time writing the Backstage Intro. I tried to think of smart and original questions, and @Hubo is really great in answering tough ones 💪 

Loneliest_Cabin

Nice to learn more about you @Hubo! And good work @Ivan on the questions. 

Hubo

Thanks for the interview @Ivan! 😄 Looking forward to seeing more Backstage Intros from you. 🙌