Step 1

NEXT STEP

Backstage Pass 1.png

Backstage Intro

Backstage Intro - Meet Nikola!

Dian

Backstage Pass 1.png

Goood morning Community!

We are happy to welcome a new member in our team. And what a lovely new addition he is!

@Nikola, tell us more about yourself, the stage is yours.

I don’t really like talking about myself. But I can just say that I have a rock band - and we love to go nuts on stage. I love to travel, write music, get inspired by different life stories and look for the good in everyone. I really like people. And a weird sense of humor.

But talking about yourself is what we will do here, hehe. As you love to travel, when was the first Spotify encounter you had?

Don’t really remember. It was a few years ago, I think, when I was looking in apps like Soundcloud, and there was this thing called Sky FM, for music I couldn’t find anywhere else. People were already talking about Spotify a lot and I decided to check it out. And I just said “Wow, this is something else”.

Something else indeed. If you have the right to pick, do you prefer listening to music on headphones or loudspeakers?

Headphones at home and loudspeakers on the bus! Ha-ha-ha

And if we forgot both, which book would you recommend to us on the bus?

“Inside every lump of coal there's a diamond waiting to get out.” ― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man.

A Terry Pratchett quote! Why?

No related story in particular. Everyday I try to see how everybody is full of potential.

And if we didn't forget the headphones or the loudspeakers, which songs do you recommend us to listen to in the morning, while we cook breakfast, while we're busy being productive members of society or any other time?

To wake up to - Circle of life from the Lion King. To cook to - The Soundtrack of The Godfather. To work to - all the Big Beats from Prodigy, Crystal Method, Fat Boy Slim etc. And Seattle Grunge every day!

This sounds like a cool playlist. Talking about busses and playlists, where did the longest journey you made take you to? What were the most memorable moments?

My longest journey was 1 month through Northern India in 2006. I was 12. If you're asking about memorable moments from the journey itself - every single moment! If you’re asking about life in general - I would say every little moment where you forget to expect stuff from life and you just enjoy the little things. This is quite memorable and brings real joy to my heart. And of course every stage dive and friendly mosh pit at a rock concert!

Those are awesome memories. With future memories in mind, what brought you to the Community?

A sense of adventure, wanting to try something new, a desire to broaden my skill set and be useful to people.

You're at the right place! Now that we're here, could you share your dreams, hopes, goals, aspirations and inspirations?

A lot of daydreams - hahahahaha. Joke (but not really…). Actually nothing big. I try to do what is in front of my nose and it's always nice when you can do something good for someone. At the present moment I wish that we could release another album with my boys Cool Den. May the best happen. I hope that one day when the time comes to leave this place I can go out happily, with a smile and no regrets, no remorse, a sense that I did my best for the sake of the others and just to be able to say, “Damn, it was a good life!”.

Damn, it was nice talking to you!

Thanks for sticking around! Stay tuned for the next Backstage Intro coming soon.
In the meantime, if you're a Star wanting an introduction, feel free to reach out to one of the Mods to let us know. We'd love to find out a bit more about you.

3 Comments
Loneliest_Cabin

Great to have you @Nikola  and serendipitously I was also in northern India in 2006! I did some whitewater rafting near Rishikesh and hot-footed it around Dharamshala and Shimla among other places.

geovanebento

Welcome Nikola! It's good to know that the community constellation is bigger with your presence 💫. Big hug and once again; welcome! 😃🤘

Abigalees
@Dian wrote:

backstage-pass-01.jpg

Goood morning Community!

We are happy to welcome a new member in our team. And what a lovely new addition he is!

@Nikola, tell us more about yourself, the stage is yours.

I don’t really like talking about myself. But I can just say that I have a rock band - and we love to go nuts on stage. I love to travel, write music, get inspired by different life stories and look for the good in everyone. I really like people. And a weird sense of humor.

But talking about yourself is what we will do here, hehe. As you love to travel, when was the first Spotify encounter you had?

Don’t really remember. It was a few years ago, I think, when I was looking in apps like Soundcloud, and there was this thing called Sky FM, for music I couldn’t find anywhere else. People were already talking about Spotify a lot and I decided to check it out. And I just said “Wow, this is something else”.

Something else indeed. If you have the right to pick, do you prefer listening to music on headphones or loudspeakers?

Headphones at home and loudspeakers on the bus! Ha-ha-ha

And if we forgot both, which book would you recommend to us on the bus?

“Inside every lump of coal there's a diamond waiting to get out.” ― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man.

A Terry Pratchett quote! Why?

No related story in particular. Everyday I try to see how everybody is full of potential.

And if we didn't forget the headphones or the loudspeakers, which songs do you recommend us to listen to in the morning, while we cook breakfast, while we're busy being productive members of society or any other time?

To wake up to - Circle of life from the Lion King. To cook to - The Soundtrack of The Godfather. To work to - all the Big Beats from Prodigy, Crystal Method, Fat Boy Slim etc. And Seattle Grunge every day!

This sounds like a cool playlist. Talking about busses and playlists, where did the longest journey you made take you to? What were the most memorable moments?

My longest journey was 1 month through Northern India in 2006. I was 12. If you're asking about memorable moments from the journey itself - every single moment! If you’re asking about life in general - I would say every little moment where you forget to expect stuff from life and you just enjoy the little things. This is quite memorable and brings real joy to my heart. And of course every stage dive and friendly mosh pit at a rock concert!

Those are awesome memories. With future memories in mind, what brought you to the Community?

A sense of adventure, wanting to try something new, a desire to broaden my skill set and be useful to people.

You're at the right place! Now that we're here, could you share your dreams, hopes, goals, aspirations and inspirations?

A lot of daydreams - hahahahaha. Joke (but not really…). Actually nothing big. I try to do what is in front of my nose and it's always nice when you can do something good for someone. At the present moment I wish that we could release another album with my boys Cool Den. May the best happen. I hope that one day when the time comes to leave this place I can go out happily, with a smile and no regrets, no remorse, a sense that I did my best for the sake of the others and just to be able to say, “Damn, it was a good life!”. my account access

Damn, it was nice talking to you!

Thanks for sticking around! Stay tuned for the next Backstage Intro coming soon.
In the meantime, if you're a Star wanting an introduction, feel free to reach out to one of the Mods to let us know. We'd love to find out a bit more about you.

Columbus Park, formerly known as Mulberry Bend Park, Five Points Park and Paradise Park, is a public park in Chinatown, Manhattan, in New York City. During the 19th century, this was the most dangerous ghetto area of immigrant New York.