Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

4.png

Music Monday

#MusicMonday Review - May 2022

osornios

#MusicMonday is the hashtag I've been using for quite a while to share music recommendations from up-and-coming artists. Always fresh, and always different, trying to look for trends before they become one. You can check April's review for more music.

It's the beginning of summer! Let this month's bands take you to a journey around the world for a mashup of genres, topics, and a touch of mystifying lyrics. Let's have a listen, with a word from the artists themselves. 🎧

House Parties – Tiny Rooms

houseparties.jpgRage, flares brighter than these fireworks
Red deeper than an unmarked phase
I thought we had gone past this

One sided mind, tunnel vision insight oh
Footprints in a line

Put your trophy up for the world to see and
lay your fists right through the wall

Start up your engines, as we begin our musical journey in Dallas, TX with an energetic Pop Punk track about picking never ending fights, just to finish with pitch black indifference:

"The song is about being stuck with someone who abuses you whether what the situation may be and you just want out but you can’t."

spotify:track:2RkrM8rphN9PsVggcdmb7R:small

Disorientations – Allied

disorientations.jpg

Now believe me when I say

I never won a battle anyway

Those things require the right apply

I don't believe in trying to fight them all

I gather around my fears and try

to see them as my allies

We fly now to Antwerp, Belgium for a track that channels distress through a bassy Post Punk don't give up attitude:

"Basically the song is about facing anxiety and for me how I've learned to cope with it. We are 3 close friends who had some tragic moments in life, like loss of a close friend/parent. The feelings of powerlessness, grief, generated a lot of anxious thoughts on me. The harder I tried to fight it, the more I discovered it's not beatable. It's just part of the process so I could better take peace with it and put more focus and energy in positive things.

This song tells a story about struggling with anxiety after unexpected experiences with tragic loss. In such situations, you can start to run into enclosing walls, leaving you haunted by fear. The only way to deal with this is by embracing the inevitable pain that it entails, becoming allied with the emotions you want to run from."

spotify:track:301BQWaXftCPr1xVtMuAHL:small  

Manuel Rod – Sinmigo

manuelrod.jpg

Quedarás lastimada, sentirás que me extrañas
No hallarás ni una forma de vivir sin mí
Quedarás atrapada, besarás gente extraña
Buscarás el abrigo que tenías conmigo
Y no, no podrás respirar, sinmigo, sinmigo!

Me siento triste, pero por ti
Tú ya perdiste, yo renací
Ya vete lejos, fuera de aquí
Hasta respiro mejor sin ti!

For our third track, we move back to Zamora, Mexico, for a beat driven Latin Pop song about moving on from someone you used love:

"It is a song that I composed about 3 years ago, I was inspired by the end of a relationship and how my feelings were evolving, first I felt heartbroken and full of sadness, but later as the days went by I realized that it was not I was the one who lost, and musically I was inspired by the music that I listen to, that I like!"

spotify:track:3fYPzQPyXkR97ZiIttenff:small 

PAPERWEIGHT – Scapegoat

paperweight.jpg

I need a scapegoat

because I'll never know

when I'm falling through the cracks

waiting bracing to attack

and now I'm so low

New continent, and more Pop Punk splashy beats, catchy hooks, and certainly mysterious fun from Melbourne, Australia:

"Every track on this EP other than Scapegoat was conceptualized prior to jumping in the studio - Scapegoat was the one song that we actually wrote with (producer) Stevie Knight on the spot!!! Haris likes to be cryptic with his lyrics, we still don't know what it's actually written about 😝"

spotify:track:22yf3f90OQDwo0i2fGP38v:small 

Humble Armada – September 24

humblearmada1.jpgSeeing far, but never seeing faces
And every time I go, I get stuck up, I get stuck upon of you

But I'll get by without you
Don't compromise your life, just because I'm right in front of you

To end our trip, we move from Melbourne to Perth, for a dreamy acoustic Pop that will take you right into autumn, with all its nostalgic falling tree leaves:

"The song was definitively inspired by a previous experience/person I knew but think it’s a pretty generally relatable topic, knowing the right person at the wrong time."

Listen to them and much more on the complete Playlist

spotify:user:osornios:playlist:2IYRLjcwf2X9vC0QrI0b0P

See you next month!

2 Comments
iamzain

Thanks for sharing Appreciated your efforts. Really amazing content.

osornios

Glad you liked it @iamzain 

Check out the newest post right here. 🙂