Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RSP.png

The Spotify Community Highlights!

MichaelW

Our Community Rock Stars with the Blog Maverick role can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. This blog submission comes from Rock Star @MichaelW.

Hi, hello, hallo, Guten Tag, bonne journée, buona giornata, buenos días, bra dag!
Welcome to my fourth blog post! This time it's all about the highlights of The Spotify Community. I'll share some of the best moments chosen by Staff and Rock/Rising Stars.

Is this song available in my country?
One of our Rock Stars (thanks @Christoffer) with a technical background made a website for you! Have you ever wondered if a particular song is available in your country? You can now check this by yourself by going to this website. Happy Spotifying!

Daniel Howell's (@Daniel) highlights:
"My main highlight has to be the Rock Star Jam, it would be fantastic if others were to be able to experience the same!

But in terms of community I would say for me the main highlight comes every time a user is assisted by other community members/stars to resolve their issue. It's great seeing this level of support from 'actual' users and this community really demonstrates the level of brand loyalty and ethics that Spotify promotes."

Flagging fraudlent sites to Staff
One of the Rock Stars (thank you @Merik, you're a hero!) notified us about a forum where people share illegal apps. There was an app which made it possible to disable shuffle mode and to enable high quality streaming for Free users. Thanks to this Rock Star, Spotify was able to quickly take the appropriate actions to make it fair for everyone.

A message from a Rock Star
One of our Rock Stars shared his sexual orientation with the group as he was in the process of talking to his other friends openly about it. 
We always respect each other, and every individual person in the team. We're really happy to see this guy really trusts his team members, and feels open enough to share his sexual orientation.
We wish him the best, and we're glad to see he is happy!

Brett West (@dinomight) highlights:

"The highlights for me have been any time we've gotten to interact with Spotify developers, whether it be through the various Rock Star calls or participating in special beta tests of new versions of software. It's a great way to get insight into the process and I know it's made me more appreciative of all the aspects they have to think about when trying to get everything working. While we can't talk about specifics from these kind of sessions, it seems like we usually come away from them with some new ways to encourage the community when they run into issues...if nothing else, just knowing the team is aware of things the community is concerned about makes a big difference in maintaining a positive attitude."

We had a little party, third anniversary!

Maybe you've seen it, or maybe you've had a party with us in mind... The Spotify Community celebrated its third anniversary!

Lots of things have happened in the past three years, such as the things above. Of course the community can't be a community without you! Every user is a key part, and every user makes this community unique. We help you, and you've helped us with improving Spotify.

Thank you!

I'd also like to thank @Rorey@meahtenoha, and @Goodman, what would a community be without you guys as managers?

And not to forget the whole Spotify Moderation team for helping the Stars and other users around the community! 

RSPBlack.png