Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Provide basic info in your promotion email

[Android][Other] Provide basic info in your promotion email

1. Just received an email promoting audiobooks today. I already have Spotify music and audible so was interested to learn more.

1. You didn't make it clear in the email whether this was included in my Spotify subscription 
  2. Within the app I couldn't find out whether it cost extra so I googled it and found out from a news article that you have to buy each book. No information about a subscription service similar to audible.
  3. I then tried to buy a book on the app and was given a message to go to spotify.com to actually buy a book.
  4. I then went to spotify.com and the first book called Atomic Habits was £14.49!!

A subscription to audible is £7.99 / month. There are also better value credit purchase options.

So my idea is: Inform your customers upfront about the costs to save them the hassle of finding out what poor value it is.

If I've got the information wrong then it's your fault for not making it clear.

•  

1 Reply

Hi there @jerseyhouse,

Thanks for your post. We've moved your Idea to our Content questions board, where it fits better.

We've passed your feedback about the promotional emails on to the right folks at Spotify. Sorry to heard that the info in the email was not clear that Audiobooks need to be purchased individually and are not included in the Premium service, like in other Audiobook focused apps.

You can read more about how Audiobooks work here.

Take care!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts