Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Audiobooks on Spotify - let's build a list of what's available

Solved!

Audiobooks on Spotify - let's build a list of what's available

Since there is no easy way to search for audiobooks on Spotify, I thought it might be useful to build a list here to help each other. I know there are scraps off-forum but it seems more useful to have this information in the community.

Here's my starter for 10.

H.G.Wells - War of the Worlds

H.G.Wells - Time Machine

H.G. Wells - Invisible Man

Mark Twain - Short Stories

Mark Twain - A Double Barrelled Detective Story

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks! This thread gets a lot of new views every week. We want you to all know we have a dedicated section for Audiobooks now. 

In Browse > GENRES& MOODS > WORD you can now find these options.

If you've found something great, share it in the 'Audiobooks - What are you listening to'

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.39.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.40.48 PM.png

View solution in original post

76 Replies

Excellent idea! Not something I have ever got into, I prefer reading using my Kindle when I have a spare moment but I might look into this!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Audiobooks are on spotify as well? O_O

You just made my day.

Good idea!

Reminds me of a site I've read some weeks ago which listed some audiobooks on Spotify here.

If you search for Eternal Classic Audio Books and view the artist, you'll see MANY audiobooks.  I think the availability of audiobooks is one of the hidden gems few users know about.

There's also a science fiction book by John Trevillian called "The A-Men" which apparently was an audiobook done via podcast.

My only complaint about Spotify offering these audiobooks is that I am too busy listening to music to get around to listening to the audiobooks.  Please fix my time management problems!  😉

Here is a list of public domain audiobooks i just found today DBS Audiobooks

Cool, thanks 🙂

Here are a few others:

Waiting for Godot

Oscar Wilde's best known work (The Picture of Dorian Grey, The Importance of Being Earnest and a few others)

Moby **bleep** (<--- ha)

Pride and Prejudice

The Art of War

Plenty of Shakespeare

The Bible

Numerous audiobooks for learning English and Spanish (search 'audiobooks' and there will be some a ways down)

The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin

Searching 'read by', 'audiobook' and 'audio book' brings up plenty of results

I'm also collecting audio books. You can find them on my blog http://spotifybooks.blogspot.com. For now you can find most H.P. Lovecraft titles and everything I could find from the radio play Blake's 7. Currently collecting erotic chicklit and then I'll look into the Gothic Tales Of Terror.

Blakes 7!!! Awesome, thank you. Nice blog by the way 🙂

I just found Marshall Rosenberg - Nonviolent Communication today.

Had no idea they are audiobooks on spotify either 🙂

I started dropping ebooks I came across into a playlist but I seem to have run out of steam temporarily. If it's of interest to you guys, I've made the list collaborative so feel free to add stuff to it and in a few years time it might even be a handy resource 🙂

Here's the link

I had no idea audiobooks were on Spotify. This is awesome!

There is a wealth of political and socially conscious material available on Spotify. Here are some of my finds:

Lectures by Howard Zinn

Lectures by Noam Chomsky

The Great Gatsby

Lectures on ancient history by Dr. David Neiman

Greatest Speeches collection "Words With Friends"

Ken Mcleod's huge collection of lectures on Buddhism

Meditation guides by Judith Day

Mindfulness Meditation for Pain Relief by Jon Kabat-Zinn (excellent resource by a well respected meditation researcher)

A huge playlist of Leonard Bernstein's lectures on classical music

Through The Looking Glass and Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner, a guide to Buddhism for punk-rockers

Books by imprisoned radical activist Mumia Abu-Jamal

Activist Angela Davis (except for the album The Art of the Melody by another artist with the same name)

Controversial activist Ward Churchill

There's also a tremendous amount of spoken poetry available:

Pleasure Dome: Poetry Spoken By Its Creators (incudes E.E. Cummings, W.H. Auden, Dylan Tomas, etc.)

Spoken poetry by T.S. Eliot (his related artists page will direct you to even more great poetry like Charles Bukowski, William Burroughs, Jack Kerouac, etc)

Enjoy the links! I will be sure to update with more replies as I come across more worthy material.

Hi @nefitty and thanks for the links. As long as they're not read by robots and not already included, feel free to add them to our collaborative playlist 🙂

I found the Foundation Trilogy by Isac Asimov

I heard a great book narrated by Vincent D'Onofrio and written by Joe Maggio Man on the ledge.

Thanks @Ironbear - added it to the playlist 🙂

I just found Fred Alan Wolf's Audiobook DR. QUANTUM: Meet the Real Creator - You!

I was stoked.

Wo, there is also Call of the Wild by Jack London. This is really suprising to me 😄

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts