Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Content suddenly no longer available

Solved!

Content suddenly no longer available

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands 

Device

Huawei P30pro 

Operating System

Latest Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been listening to a song for a while now, but suddenly it became greyed out but was still in my library. Now it is now longer in my library, but not greyed out anymore and when I press the song to play it, it comes up then stops and says content no longer available. How is this happening and how can I fix this? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there! Welcome to the community, and I'll try to explain the reasons that likely led the songs to become unavailable on the platform.

When you come across a song that was previously available but suddenly can't listen to it on Spotify anymore, it's likely that the song has been removed at the request of the rights holders, record label, or artist. This type of situation can occur for various reasons, such as copyright issues or regional licensing agreements.

Spotify is a platform that cares deeply about respecting the rights of artists and content owners. Therefore, when there are legitimate requests to remove songs, Spotify promptly complies to ensure compliance with agreements and copyrights.

In some cases, songs may be released only for certain geographic regions, which can also impact the availability of tracks in some countries. These regional restrictions are part of the contracts between Spotify and record labels, aiming to comply with specific regulations and legal terms in each region.

As a leading music streaming platform, Spotify continuously works to offer a wide and diverse catalog of songs, providing the best possible experience for users. However, in situations where songs are removed, it's important to understand that this usually happens for legal and contractual reasons.

Rest assured, Spotify continues to strive to give you access to a vast repertoire of incredible music, ensuring that the experience of discovering new artists and music genres remains exciting and enriching. The platform continues to work in partnership with artists and record labels to bring the best music to millions of listeners around the world, respecting copyrights, and striving to offer the best musical experience possible.

If you find this answer satisfactory to your question, you can click "resolved." Best regards and have a great weekend!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there! Welcome to the community, and I'll try to explain the reasons that likely led the songs to become unavailable on the platform.

When you come across a song that was previously available but suddenly can't listen to it on Spotify anymore, it's likely that the song has been removed at the request of the rights holders, record label, or artist. This type of situation can occur for various reasons, such as copyright issues or regional licensing agreements.

Spotify is a platform that cares deeply about respecting the rights of artists and content owners. Therefore, when there are legitimate requests to remove songs, Spotify promptly complies to ensure compliance with agreements and copyrights.

In some cases, songs may be released only for certain geographic regions, which can also impact the availability of tracks in some countries. These regional restrictions are part of the contracts between Spotify and record labels, aiming to comply with specific regulations and legal terms in each region.

As a leading music streaming platform, Spotify continuously works to offer a wide and diverse catalog of songs, providing the best possible experience for users. However, in situations where songs are removed, it's important to understand that this usually happens for legal and contractual reasons.

Rest assured, Spotify continues to strive to give you access to a vast repertoire of incredible music, ensuring that the experience of discovering new artists and music genres remains exciting and enriching. The platform continues to work in partnership with artists and record labels to bring the best music to millions of listeners around the world, respecting copyrights, and striving to offer the best musical experience possible.

If you find this answer satisfactory to your question, you can click "resolved." Best regards and have a great weekend!

Hello. When I get a lick I often got the message this music is not avalleble. How is that possible? 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

For the past few days, most "Heart A Fire" songs, remixes, and covers that I have listened to has been replaced by a random vocal cover out of the blue, and no matter what It always goes back to that same vocal cover and I just want to listen to it normally sob please help

The only song of the Heart A Fire Songs that are fine that ive seen is:
Heart afire - N.S.PUTRA L3 Remix

Does anybody know why they removed "She make it clap (freestyle)" ?

Why the **bleep** is spotify removing good songs even though the song content is not that offensive ??

• I’m curious why Spotify does not have the total album of songs you only have six songs, and there are more than that on the album. Bua Champoo by Buachampoo Ford
IMG_5198.png

Has anyone come across the issues of certain songs no longer available? Why is that? 

for example: Post Malone’s song “Wow.” is no longer available; it is only the instrumental and remixed versions on Spotify. 

Why the album "armchair boogie" is not longer in spotify??? 

it is probably the best album of Michael Hurley, and since there are other of his albums avalilable i cant understand it.

Im very disappointed and seriously thinking in unsuscribing..

I have noticed that albums sometimes suddenly disappear from Spotify. Of course, there can be numerous reasons for that, but in this case the artist himself claims that the album is still available, even though it doesn't show up on his page or in the search window. At least, not for me.

The album in question is Mike Zito's Blues For the Southside..

Any explanation for this?

Suggested posts