Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Presale Concert Tickets

Solved!

Presale Concert Tickets

Fans First emails are our way of thanking our artists’ biggest Spotify fans with unique or exclusive offers. Previous treats have included:

• Access to presale tickets for upcoming concerts.
  • Access to exclusive merch items not available anywhere else.
  • Invites to special artist events.

If you want to get your hands on a Spotify Presale Concert Code you have to do the following to be eligilble (a code is not guaranteed):

1.  Log into your account page's notification settings to make sure you’ve opted in to Artist Updates emails.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 5.08.09 PM.png

2. Make sure we have your correct email address here. If there's a spelling mistake in your email then you won't get the code. 

Please know these campaigns are run on a first come first serve basis, so it’s possible that it may be full. You can contact the ticket company running the presale to check this.

If you've received one of these emails, congratulations!

Spotify Presale Ticket FAQs:

Do I have to have a Premium account to be eligilble?

Nope, these offers are open to everyone with a Spotify account.

My code or the ticket link doesn't work. 

If your code or the ticket link doesn't work, you’ll need to get in touch with the ticketing company running this offer.

I followed the ticket link in the presale email but I can't see the presale option? 

These campaigns are run on a first come first serve basis, so it’s possible that it may be full. You can contact the ticket company running the presale to check this.

I took advantage of the presale for a concert but have not yet received my ticket.

Spotify is not involved with the delivery of tickets. You’ll need to contact the ticket provider for more info.

Can I cancel/ refund a presale ticket?

We don’t handle purchasing for presale ticket offers, so it’s best to contact the companies responsible. The email you received about the offer should include a link to the correct ticketing company. They can help with:

• Code issues.
  • Shipping/Delivery questions.
  • Cancellation/refunds.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, we're going to close replies to this thread as its the same questions circulating. I'll post the FAQ about Presale codes below. 

Presale emails are sent to listeners who our data shows are the artist’s top fans. First, you should make sure you’re opted in to our emails! Edit your account settings here. If you still didn't receive an email, we’re afraid you’re not eligible on this occasion.

DO I HAVE TO HAVE A PREMIUM ACCOUNT TO BE ELIGIBLE?

Nope, these offers are open to everyone with a Spotify account.

I UNSUBSCRIBED FROM SPOTIFY’S EMAILS. WILL I STILL GET THESE OFFERS?

No, but you can re-subscribe to Artist Updates opt in! You can edit your account settings here.

MY CODE OR THE TICKET LINK DOESN'T WORK. WHAT CAN I DO?

If your code or the ticket link doesn't work, you’ll need to get in touch with the ticketing company running this offer.

I FOLLOWED THE TICKET LINK IN THE PRESALE EMAIL BUT CANNOT SEE THE PRESALE OPTION, WHAT CAN I DO?

These campaigns are run on a first come first serve basis, so it’s possible that it may be full. You can contact the ticket company running the presale to check this.

I TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE PRESALE FOR A CONCERT BUT HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED MY TICKET. WHAT CAN I DO?

Spotify is not involved with the delivery of tickets. You’ll need to contact the ticket provider for more info.

CAN I ARRANGE A CANCELLATION/REFUND OF A PRESALE TICKET WITH YOU? 

Spotifiy doesn't handle ticketing for these events. We recommend revisiting the site where you bought the tickets to arrange this.

View solution in original post

358 Replies

OWESOME! 😉

PublishYouOne - Because I Love Music So Much

This is awesome. 🙂
Follow me

The Goods.

Are these given out at a certain time of the year, or throughout the year as concerts are approaching?

Hey @AdLadz good question, these are throughout the year as concerts are approaching. 

This doesn't seem fair! I am a premium member and listen to spotify for most of the day (with a range of maybe 50 artists) and I have never receieved a presale code for any of them! How "special" of a member do you have to be??

I agree, I listen to a whole bunch of artists all day long and I am also a premium member. They would not provide me a presale code because "I dont listen to the artists music enough". I dont get it.

I'm honestly pretty upset I haven't received a presale code for Shelter Live Tour, your own data should suggest that I should be more than eligible for that as Porter Robinson and Madeon are two of my all time favorite musicians. Strongly considering ending my premium membership if I'm unable to gain access.

-Snip Email Address-

Hello, I just wanted to know if the email would be through Spotify because I'm unsuscribed and most of my mail go to junk and is deleted within 24 hrs...

Thank you, 

-Snip Email Address-

Hi im dying for porter and madeon tickets in vancouver on december 6/7!!!

thanks, benita

What do you do when your third party partner for the pre sale offer has a broken page leading to final purchase and effectively nullifies the offer? Who is responsible?

Are the pre-sale concert tickets only apply in the United States or to any concert around the world? I live back in forth between Australia & the Philippines. 

Thanks!

I agree when you pay extra to be a premium member and listen to Spotify daily then you should be able to get the presale password. This is very unfair. I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers and was wanting to get the presale on these tickets in New Orleans.

Do you have to purchase with the code on a device you are logged into Spotify on?

Boooooo, I don't stream red hot chilli peppers because I have their actual CDs and want to save more of my limited hard drive space for other/new music?!?! Pleaaaaase I need a presale code for the presale tomorrow morning for Red Hot Chilli Peppers at the ACC Feb 4th?!?! Been wanting to see them since I was young and missed the 2012 show! I don't wanna miss out on tickets!!!!! Pleeeease help me Spotify!

Woah. Nice! Any chance there will be Seether tickets any time soon? 😄

I went on right when the presale started and there were no tickets left so you didn't miss much.  I'm not sure how this happens, but what a let down.

Wow... thanks for nothing Spotify.  Maybe think through where you get profit margin (um, infrequent utilizers who subscribe) and adjust your algorithm to presale tickets.

Btw, if your company knew squat about predictive models, you'd have known I'd want these tickets and would have locked me into a much longer term deal with your now-rather-obsolete music streaming service.

Hi There! I would like to have a Presale code for a Red hot chili peper concert! Help me out!!

Suggested posts