Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Brown noise/white noise from Playlists

Remove Brown noise/white noise from Playlists

I listen to brown noise to sleep. I don't care what plays, I just want a background noise. However, I never listen to it in the day time. It is frustrating to see that while I listen to music in the day, Spotify proposes in their different category offers (daily 1, daily 2, new, discoveries) a mix of songs and brown noises.

I don't want nothing to do whit brown noise in my suggestions. Is there a way that Spotify can identify that such a genre is only played at a certain period and not offer it at other time periods. 

It would just make the listening experience better because I have to constantly skip song because they are just noise in the daytime

1 Reply

Hey there @Des_Vaches

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

If you have specific playlists you don't want to be included in your recommendations, you can exclude them permanently. To do so, you just need to open the playlist you want, tap the 3-dot menu and select the option "Exclude from your taste profile". This option will prevent those songs from affecting your suggestions. 

What you can also do is activate Private session before you listen to them which has basically the same effect as the aforementioned feature. 

Lastly, you can block any artists on the mobile app. You just need to head to the Artist profile > click the 3 dot menu > Don't play this. This option will block all content from that artist across all devices. Note that if the artist is featured in a song/ album from another artist it might still be playable.

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts