Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local File Don't Play on Linux Desktop

Local File Don't Play on Linux Desktop

I'm trying to play a local file with Spotify Desktop on Linux and when I try to play it it says: "This track is unavailable, if you have the file on your computer you can import it."

2 Replies

Same here. For the love of God spotify please fix this, otherwise I'm gonna have to switch. Except that in my case no files at all play, not even online files. I don't have any local files. I can't listen to anything.

I too have this issue. Installed on Arch using the official deb. No obvious reason as to why this is happening in any log files.

I contacted support about this, and they were less than useless. After asking if they had any idea, or if there was any additional information I could provide, all I got was "Spotify for Linux is currently not a platform that we actively support." and to try posting here. From what i'm reading here, it's a pretty common issue!

The fact they say they don't support the platform, yet are 'fairly actively' releasing updates is worrying to me. Sort it out Spotify! I really don't want to look for another service, but I may not have another choice!

Suggested posts