Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.0.1 - The complete changelog

Solved!

Spotify 1.0.1 - The complete changelog

Thanx to http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/2y6a68/spotify_update_1011060gc75ebdfd_mega_discussion/cp6m... here is the true complete changelog of this horrible update:

• Apps removed (this is a planned removal and will not be returning)
  • Activity feed redesigned (now emphasizes social aspects over the music they are listening to)
  • Closing spotify with the "X" now exits the application
  • Top Charts has replaced Top Tracks (located in Browse)
  • Play Queue moved outside of sidebar, it is now located on the play bar next to the "shuffle" icon
  • Local files can't be dragged directly into playlists. You must manually add a local folder from the settings menu
  • CTRL-F No longer works
  • Playlist dividers gone
  • Can no longer see list of songs in a folder, only the playlists it contains
  • Cannot set cache or offline playlists location
  • Not all of local tracks show up (people with large local track libraries)
  • Can't remove local tracks from playlists
  • Can't edit ID3 tags for local tracks
  • Clicking song that's playing no longer takes you to the album (for some people)
  • Notifications on the taskbar icon
  • Previous notifications disappears on application restart
  • Crossfade toggle and adjustment has been further buried under Advanced Settings
  • Volume normalization broken
  • Some ads are playing abnormally loud
  • App is not maximized on launch even if it was on closing.
  • Some notifications will never go away
  • Song title and artist no longer appears on the taskbar.
  • Can't use aero peak to see currently playing track
  • Saving entire albums to 'My Music' no longer works correctly
  • Various aspects of the "Sort by..." feature including "date added" for local tracks and "by artists" in playlist view are nonfunctional
  • Can no longer press first letter of name to skip to that section in the playlist/sorting
  • Can no longer drop tracks into the playlist view, you must now drag them to the playlist using the left sidebar
  • Can no longer use "delete" key to remove songs from the play queue
  • Media buttons no longer work for some users
  • Can't resize the sorting columns to see the full text.
  • Track playing won't show on hover view for macs
  • Apple scripts broken
  • Some songs wrongly categorized as local files so they become unplayable in the client
  • No longer able to click currently playing song title to see its position in the playlist
  • No more number of new tracks marker on subscribed playlists
47 Replies

Thanks for linking to the subreddit post. If you haven't checked out /r/Spotify, you definitely should.

We're a friendly community devoted (primarily) to sharing playlists so we're asking people to restrict discussion about the update to that one specific topic that was linked to. There's a lot of information there about the update and ways to work around various issues. The changelog is always being added to as different things are discovered. 

This update is definately a steaming pile of pure crap. All of the features we love gone and bugs and manure to fill the gaps left behind. Thank you dear sir for giving us a complete changelog. This version is a pile of rubbish. 

Hide Announcements option is still there. Under preferences -> Show announcements about new releases, make sure this option is greyed out.

This is the worst update ever done to a software. I have already cancelled my premium. 

Removing the search function was a bad idea, but I love that you finally made the X button work the way it's supposed to. Nothing annoys me more than a program that minimizes when you click the X. That button already exists. It's called the minimize button. Thank you for finally fixing this.

It's all good and well removing the native ability to minimise to tray, but you couldn't have at least left the option in to turn it back on? 

I listen to Spotify constantly at work and I really appreciate a clean taskbar, so the ability to minimise to tray is really important to me. 

@ice you forgot the Proxy not working feature.

Additionally, removing the taskbar icon means I actually now need to open up the program and pause it, instead of rightclicking said icon and pressing pause. 

That's very annoying to me. I've been doing the same action for 5 years now, so taking that away is going to make things very awkward for me. 

I'm really disappointed they just erase this feature like it never mattered. 

I can no longer find the "Devices" option either, that I used to easily manage my offline playlists on my iPhone.

@Dreadstyle 

The "devices" section will be coming back in a future update. Te release date is unknown at this time.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Personally, I welcome the Spotify Connect functionality which was previously missing from the PC version. Other than that, I only see reduced functionality (I don't think I'll ever use the Lyrics option).

I can't save any settings (windows 7).

I realize people are going to be unhappy everytime a new release comes about just because things are different.... but the amount of stuff that is just plain broken is off the charts. 

Added:

No more number of new tracks marker on subscribed playlists

Where has the album chart gone, it's now only singles?

Albums still appear for me. Maybe you have it set to a list or something? Either that or the artist you're looking at only has their singles up, idk.

Well it's happened again, I got the new version notification and thought to myself "sweet, I hope they fixed some of the issues I've been having!"  Only to restart the app and discover a horrible ugly garbage of an update.

My issues so far:

• WHY IS EVERYTHING SO HUGE?  Its like they increased the size of every font and graphical element 25% and then decided "Hey, now that the viewport is even smaller how about we make the top search bar, drop down menus, etc take up even more space!  That would be a good idea!"
  • No apps?? This is one of the single best things Spotify has against its competition. Built-in lyrics is awesome, and apps should run on other platforms, but deprecating apps is a poor business decision.
  • CTRL+F needs to be supported everywhere in the app.  Supporting it nowhere is the opposite of a good decision.
  • Seriously, why are all of the fonts and padding taking up so much visual space?  I keep wanting to hit CTRL+ScrollWheelDown to shrink the display, but, alas, it doesn't do anything.
  • When I hover my mouse over the file/edit/view drop down menus, they move up several pixels
  • Clicking on the play queue -> history hangs up the application for many seconds. REALLY noticable when flicking through the back/fwd navigation buttons.

Positives:

• Album art can now be displayed a bit larger if the left pane is pulled all the way to the right.  (I think this is a side effect of jacking up the size of everything to the legally blind level)
  • Built-in lyrics support from musixmatch (should support this on mobile too!).
Marked as solution

This update I agree is HORRIBLE, no crtl-F and further more ...why on earth i cant play my local files..LIKE WTF?

who is the brain behind this update ..let me tell you FIX THIS....

Downgraded.  It feels so much better now.

When is Deezer going to be released in the US?  Has anyone played with the TIDAL desktop app?  I am considering alternatives, but not RDIO.

I actually have an RDIO account as well but I hate their interface on desktop.. and I feel like Spotify just keeps copying RDIO's crappy interface!  Argh!

"Can no longer see list of songs in a folder, only the playlists it contains" I usually have different playlists and put them in a folder, and play all of them together. But now I can't see or navigate through the complete song list. I want my Rock list, my Hip Hop list and my Classical tunes merged into the same playlist. Simply put, I want to be able to queue my desired Metallica song and then my Skrillex from the same song list. JUST LIKE IT USE TO BE 🙂

No hard feelings, Spotify. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

Still no album chart only singles, I click on browse and only get Global or UK charts which only show the top 50 singles, there is also an icon for browsing top 50 by country, but absolutely nothing showing Top 50 or 100 Albums.

Am I looking it in the right area under browse?

Suggested posts