Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify volume too low

Spotify volume too low

Hello guys, I really like Spotify but the volume is lower than deezer and the others music streaming services.
In cellphone it doesn't really annoy me, but in the Windows app, it is really annoying, do you guys have a solution?

21 Replies

It varies from song to song as to how 'loud' it is. That said, you can actually double your max volume for Spotify by opening up your Volume Mixer (Windows) and move the slider for Spotify. Be careful though and don't do it while a song is playing through your headphones (if you use them)... it gets really loud real fast.

k.PNG

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Rodrigolnl wrote:

Hello guys, I really like Spotify but the volume is lower than deezer and the others music streaming services.
In cellphone it doesn't really annoy me, but in the Windows app, it is really annoying, do you guys have a solution?

Hi, and welcome to the community!

The volume seems to be loud enough for me.

What version of windows and Spotify version is this?

Have you made sure the slider and the volume in the windows mixer is as high as it can be if you need it that high?

What sound system are you using? Are you using an inline DSP? If not, what sound card does your computer run it through?

Is this volume being too quiet for every track or just for certain tracks? If it's only some tracks, go to Edit>Preferences>Show advanced settings, and enable set the same volume level for all tracks.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Funnily enough I just switched from the old 0.8.5 version of Spotify to the latest 1.05 just to see what's happening (it's mostly still crap) and noticed that the volume is much lower in the new client! Switched back to the old one, and voila, much better.

What gives? Actually, it also seems the actual sound quality is worse these days, as the sound becomes a bit muddy and almost distorted at times.

Tried changing the volume slider of the Volume Mixer?

k.PNG

MauriceMVRock Star 7

It is not the mixer, cause it is not just in windows app, i use deezer in my cellphone too, and spotify volume is much lower than deezer (but when I am using headphone it is actually nice, because I don't need to set the volume all the time).
When I am using the windows app and then I use some of my mp3, the difference is huge, try yourselves.

I'm on mac, and use the keyboard hotkeys to change volume. On the same setting the volume on the new client was a lot lower.

Right? My friend has the same problem too

Maybe it has something to do with the new client indeed. But regarding your phone, have you tried turning off the spotify equaliser (audio effects)?

MauriceMVRock Star 7

And just to be sure, for your PC, have you tried the following?

1. In your taskbar, rightclick the speaker icon.

2. Select "Playback Devices".

3. Go to the "Communications" tab.

4. Make sure you've got "Do nothing" selected.

5. Apply and OK.

MauriceMVRock Star 7

It is off, download deezer and listen to the same music in both, you will see

Yes, I have nothing selected

Hi,

I don't have Deezer etc installed however it might well be an issue, if more people come along then I'll note it as a potential bug. When I next have the time I'll install one of them and set up an account to see if the same occurs for me.

Out of curiosity, if you could run the DirectX Diagnostics Tool (DxDiag.exe) that would be good. Once complete, click Save All information to save this to a text file. Zip the file and post it here. Just provides a quick way of seeing the hardware/firmware on your system.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I was thinking about just use deezer and cancel the spotify signature, but deezer app is very ugly, and spotify looks more like a music player

I'm also having the same issue. Music on Google Play Music is at least twice as loud, on both desktop and mobile. The Spotify web player is way quieter than it used to be as well.

EDIT: Turning off "Set the same volume level for all tracks" helped somewhat.

Im currently giving tidal a test drive on OSx and that appears to be louder than spotify (running through headphone amp).

I already used google play music, and it is better than spotify talking about audio quality and volume, but I dont use it because it hasn't a windows app, and the mobile app is very confused, it's not that easy to download musics.

I just use spotify because the mobile app is better.

I listen to the same songs in the same order every night and after this update some of the songs have definitely become much quieter. Some other songs are unaffected though, which leeds me to believe this is a problem with "set the same volume for all tracks".

same problem by my site.. any news? 

thanks!!!

.. Captura.PNG

Hello.

When I started Spotify this morning I had the same problem. When I opened the Volum mixer I notices two spotify instanses, and in the taskmanager, I had three.

After shuting down spotify and starting it again, the volume was much higher.

This might not be related at all, but if you are like me and never restart anything, it might.

Suggested posts