Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Display time in songs

Why does the display time disappear in a song now??? I hate this feature that you have to tap it and then it disappears in three seconds.

• Casual Listener
  • Why does the display time disappear in a song now??? I hate this feature that you have to tap it and then it disappears in three seconds.
  • Tinarathman
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Top lists not refreshing

Normally, Spotify seems to refresh my most listened to tracks, artists and albums every week or so. It is now well over a week since it did this and It has still got my top track as one I haven't listened to in quite some time. I saw somewhere that t...

• Roadie
  • Normally, Spotify seems to refresh my most listened to tracks, artists and albums every week or so. It is now well over a week since it did this and It has still got my top track as one I haven't lis...
  • TheGiantHogweed
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Liking a song in radio skips to the next track and stops

Hello, I'm using Linux Desktop Spotify version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c and today I've noticed, that when I press "Thumbs Up" icon in Radio mode near the Current Track icon in the middle, Spotify tells me that it is improving my radio, but then something ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I'm using Linux Desktop Spotify version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c and today I've noticed, that when I press "Thumbs Up" icon in Radio mode near the Current Track icon in the middle, ...
  • occidentally
  • 20 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Linux
  • 20 replies
  • 7 likes

Missing filter feature

When the hell are you going to implement the darn filter feature back in. It's been months since you ruined your desktop app and you STILL have not put the filter feature back in.

• Casual Listener
  • When the hell are you going to implement the darn filter feature back in.   It's been months since you ruined your desktop app and you STILL have not put the filter feature back in. 
  • PhillipHaydon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Frustrating Spotify updates with "nothing"

As amazed by all new features and video, I get amazed when Spotify asks to restart for install an update. But once updated, nothing new is added. Not even the missing feature. That is frustating. Are you pranking to me?

• Community Legend
  • As amazed by all new features and video, I get amazed when Spotify asks to restart for install an update. But once updated, nothing new is added. Not even the missing feature. That is frustating. Are...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

4 months and no Ctrl+F function

Why I pay every month money if i cant get a simple and easy feature?The Ctrl+F disappeared and Spotify say it coming back soon.Today i got a new Update, still nothing happend. We wait for 4 months now.

• Why I pay every month money if i cant get a simple and easy feature? The Ctrl+F disappeared and Spotify say it coming back soon. Today i got a new Update, still nothing happend. We wait for 4 month...
  • y3llowsnow
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local versus cloud storage of private MP3s - perhaps the only feature where Spotify falls short

(Mods, it is kinda unclear to me where this topic truly belongs, so sorry if I have posted it in the wrong section. If so, I'd appreciate seeing it moved.) With the last bastion of free but sadly unlicensed music going shark-belly up, I have finally ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...n to her account (but non-shareable and not publicly searchable, of course). And they do so without any legal issues, in full accordance with the law.   How come Spotify has chosen to go the l...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ubuntu repository still not fixed

It has been reported more than a week ago, but the Ubuntu / Debian repositories still haven't been corrected.How hard can it be to regenerate the files in http://repository.spotify.com/dists/stable/ tree?Now every Linux user has to manually grab the ...

• Regular
  • It has been reported more than a week ago, but the Ubuntu / Debian repositories still haven't been corrected. How hard can it be to regenerate the files in http://repository.spotify.com/dists/stable...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I do not found repository and apt-get install in linux

Hi guys! I do not found repository and apt-get install in linux. $ sudo apt-get install sposponc spooles-doc spotlighter spotweb spout $ sudo apt-get install spotify-client spotify-client not found

• Hi guys!   I do not found repository and apt-get install in linux.   $ sudo apt-get install spo sponc spooles-doc spotlighter spotweb spout   $ sudo apt-get install spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

32bit spotify-client missing from Ubuntu repos

http://repository-origin.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify/ contains the following: ../ spotify-client-0.9.17_0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-1_am..> 06-May-2015 13:39 42700518 spotify-client-gnome-support_0.9.17.1.g9b85d43...> 24-Mar-2015 08:42 2258 spotify-...

• Regular
  • http://repository-origin.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify/ contains the following:   ../ spotify-client-0.9.17_0.9.17.8.gd06432d.31-1_am..> 06-May-2015 13:39 42700518 spotify-...
  • michael-j-lacey
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

App wont open up - ubuntu 15.04

I just upgrade to Ubuntu 15.04 from 14.10 and now the app will not open up. It was working fine under 14.10, but nothing under 15.04. I did clean uninstall(via terminal and the purge command), and then installed it again, but nothing, app will still ...

• Regular
  • I just upgrade to Ubuntu 15.04 from 14.10 and now the app will not open up. It was working fine under 14.10, but nothing under 15.04. I did clean uninstall(via terminal and the purge command), and th...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

can't click on anything in spotify

I am using spotify on my ps3, everything works great for about 2 minutes then every time I try to click on something it just opens up the search bar, I can go back, but can't click on anything. Please help

• Casual Listener
  • I am using spotify on my ps3, everything works great for about 2 minutes then every time I try to click on something it just opens up the search bar, I can go back, but can't click on anything. Pleas...
  • MannyX
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

APPS: Just one good reason?

Can anybody give me one, yes JUST ONE good reason why Spotify might have considered it would be a good thing for users to KILL ALL THE APPS???!!!!

• Roadie
  • Can anybody give me one, yes JUST ONE good reason why Spotify might have considered it would be a good thing for users to KILL ALL THE APPS???!!!!
  • fresh-ear
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Bug - First mousedown in search bar enables drag Linux Mac

Hello, I'd like to open a bug report. I believe this is the place to do so, if not apologies for posting it here... Verified on latest Mac and Linux desktop clients, have not tested on Windows. When the client is minimized, if opened, and the first m...

• Hello,   I'd like to open a bug report.  I believe this is the place to do so, if not apologies for posting it here...   Verified on latest Mac and Linux desktop clients, have not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[Linux] Problem cannot play local files

this is an error from terminal (spotify:1942): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: GdkPixbufLoader finalized without calling gdk_pixbuf_loader_close() - this is not allowed. You must explicitly end the data stream to the loader before dropping the last reference.

• Casual Listener
  • this is an error from terminal     (spotify:1942): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: GdkPixbufLoader finalized without calling gdk_pixbuf_loader_close() - this is not allowed. You must explicitly...
  • leamas
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Public Repository Signing Key failed "94558F59"

As of 07/05/15:Spotify Public Repository Signing Key failed.sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 94558F59W: A error occurred during the signature verification. The repositoryis not updated and the previous index file...

• Casual Listener
  • As of 07/05/15: Spotify Public Repository Signing Key failed. sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 94558F59 W: A error occurred during the signature v...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Linux Client window position

I have been using the spotify linuxclient on Xubuntu (Thrusty) for a while now, and it works great. The only problem I have is that the client does not seem to know the screen size (cant maximize with the upper right corner buttom) and if I maximize ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using the spotify linuxclient on Xubuntu (Thrusty) for a while now, and it works great. The only problem I have is that the client does not seem to know the screen size (cant maximize wit...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files - limitations?

Hi, as of the latest Spotify version, Local files are apparently handled in a different manner...If I understand correctly, rather than as before dragging & dropping songs/folders into the interface, you now instead designate sources in "Preferences"...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   as of the latest Spotify version, Local files are apparently handled in a different manner... If I understand correctly, rather than as before dragging & dropping songs/folders into...
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

What's the best way to find all the Soundtrack and Film Score albums on Spotify?

I have tried searching using the genre: keyword but am having no luck. I find myself spending way too much time trying to keep up with releases by using other sites like Sountrack.net and coming back to Spotify and then doing individual hit and miss ...

• Regular
  • I have tried searching using the genre: keyword but am having no luck.  I find myself spending way too much time trying to keep up with releases by using other sites like Sountrack.net and comin...
  • askinner432
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes