Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

So Spotify doesn't work anymore, now what?

The clients are broken to the point that seems impossible to fix it in a long time. Not that spotify team cares, they stated clearly already that the only thing they care is to squiz dry the costumers, don't giving a crap about their content.So, i've...

• Roadie
  • The clients are broken to the point that seems impossible to fix it in a long time. Not that spotify team cares, they stated clearly already that the only thing they care is to squiz dry the costumer...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Installation [Help Required]

Hello, Normally I do not need help with Linux and installing things, let alone fixing them, but for the life of me I have no idea how to make my installs play music again. I looked into the issue and apparently Ubuntu recently updated and got rid of ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello,   Normally I do not need help with Linux and installing things, let alone fixing them, but for the life of me I have no idea how to make my installs play music again. I looked into the ...
  • Twixmonkey
  • Gig Goer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Thank you for Linux support!

Special thanx to the Spotify Linux people!I am listening to music after a few minutes of following your instruction.Screen Shot BelowIn case you are wondering my current configuration:Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 32-bit2.2.16Dell Lattitude D630Cintel core ...

nickara21.jpeg
  • Special thanx to the Spotify Linux people! I am listening to music after a few minutes of following your instruction. Screen Shot Below In case you are wondering my current configuration: Linux M...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Roll it back

I see no reason to use this client that spotify has released. There are countless problems that are still being discovered, just look at this forum for examples. If spotify continues in this direction, I will no longer use the service and neither sho...

• Regular
  • I see no reason to use this client that spotify has released.  There are countless problems that are still being discovered, just look at this forum for examples.  If spotify continues in t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solution for song info editing

I'm not sure if this is the right place but....I found a way to edit the song information so the song links. Just edit it in iTunes and the edited info transfers over to spotify

• Visitor
  • I'm not sure if this is the right place but.... I found a way to edit the song information so the song links.   Just edit it in iTunes and the edited info transfers over to spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird Connection Issue

Hello, In my home network I've 4 devices and Spotify is installed on all of them: - A laptop with Spotify 1.0.3 and Windows 8.1;- A laptop with Spotify 0.9.17 and Ubuntu Linux 14.04;- A mobile with Spotify 2.5.0.942 and Android 5.0.2;- A tablet with ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   In my home network I've 4 devices and Spotify is installed on all of them:   - A laptop with Spotify 1.0.3 and Windows 8.1; - A laptop with Spotify 0.9.17 and Ubuntu Linux 14....
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Linux Spotify client update - on most tracks the music plays for 2 a 3 sec. "can't play track"

After the latest update of the Spotify client most tracks are not played anymore.Only the first 2 a 3 seconds and then it stops playing with the following message:"can't play track" With Nuvola player there is no problem Version is 0.9.17.1.g9b85d436...

• Casual Listener
  • After the latest update of the Spotify client most tracks are not played anymore. Only the first 2 a 3 seconds and then it stops playing with the following message: "can't play track"   With...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"set the same volume level for all tracks" gone?

Hey guys, is it true that with the newest version you can't turn off the "set the same volume level for all tracks" thing? I mean, I can see that it's gone.. I just can't figure out whether it is permanently ON or whether Spotify ditched this functio...

• Visitor
  • Hey guys, is it true that with the newest version you can't turn off the "set the same volume level for all tracks" thing?   I mean, I can see that it's gone.. I just can't figure out whethe...
  • gigq
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Activity API

The Spotify activity API or the clients consuming it are extremely buggy. I could do some technical investigation and file a real bug (and would) if you provided access to something useful like your company JIRA. I'd would very much like to see this ...

• Music Fan
  • The Spotify activity API or the clients consuming it are extremely buggy. I could do some technical investigation and file a real bug (and would) if you provided access to something useful like your ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Should we alert the media?

For some reason, no tech sites have picked up on all the problems with the new desktop version? How can we raise awareness about this, since Spotify won't say anything? If it blows up, they would have to respond somehow. I think releasing an unfinish...

• Roadie
  • For some reason, no tech sites have picked up on all the problems with the new desktop version? How can we raise awareness about this, since Spotify won't say anything? If it blows up, they would hav...
  • ruccola
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Unknown icon on Spotify 0.9.17 for Linux

Hi. Spotify for Linux got updated a few days ago to version 0.9.17. Since then, the icon I'm pointing at with the red arrow in the picture has appeared. What is it please? Thanks.

• Music Fan
  • Hi.  Spotify for Linux got updated a few days ago to version 0.9.17.  Since then, the icon I'm pointing at with the red arrow in the picture has appeared.  What is it please? &nb...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Complaining! Be Happy!

This will probably be removed but I don't care. Listen, you all need to stop with your stupid complaining and crying all the time, truth is they will probably never get it perfect but guess what? Who cares!! You all should be lucky Spotify even exist...

• Gig Goer
  • This will probably be removed but I don't care.   Listen, you all need to stop with your stupid complaining and crying all the time, truth is they will probably never get it perfect but guess ...
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Are "Apps" coming back?

I used to use the Pitchfork and MusixMatch apps all the time (to name a few). Are the apps coming back?

• Casual Listener
  • I used to use the Pitchfork and MusixMatch apps all the time (to name a few).   Are the apps coming back?
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Overflow since last update on Linux

Hi all, Since the last update 3 days ago, everytime I user spotifcy desktop on my linux computer, after multiple hours of work without issues, my computer freezes. According to my RAM-monitor, the memory is completely FULL. Obviously I am not only li...

• Hi all,   Since the last update 3 days ago, everytime I user spotifcy desktop on my linux computer, after multiple hours of work without issues, my computer freezes. According to my RAM-monito...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

It's obvious.. I think Spotify wants us to start using Tidal now

There can't be any other reason than Spotify wanting it's user to jump ship to another streaming service and guess what, Jay-Z is leading the way with his new service TIDAL .. check it out here, looks like it launched last fall but now is getting a b...

• Music Fan
  • There can't be any other reason than Spotify wanting it's user to jump ship to another streaming service and guess what, Jay-Z is leading the way with his new service TIDAL .. check it out here,...
  • LosingThisUser
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [ubuntu/bug] Songs keep changing on certain mouse actions

I'm running spotify on ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS trusty and I keep having problems with my songs skipping on certain mouse actions. When I play a song from an artist page or playlist, scrolling with my touchpad to look at other albums changes to random song...

• I'm running spotify on ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS trusty and I keep having problems with my songs skipping on certain mouse actions. When I play a song from an artist page or playlist, scrolling with my touc...
  • CountBabula
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist does not play while other playlists are "loading"

One of my playlists (my main playlist called "recently listened") is not playing. Whenever I start a song by double click nothing happens whatsoever (multiboot system, neither works under linux nor under windows, nor at my work-desktop pc, webplayer ...

• Casual Listener
  • One of my playlists (my main playlist called "recently listened") is not playing. Whenever I start a song by double click nothing happens whatsoever (multiboot system, neither works under linux nor u...
  • Hoschinsky
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Solved][Bug] Search bar not appearing

In previous versions Pressing [Ctrl] + [F] would allow you to search your playlist. Some how it is now broken and no longer works. Please fix.

• Regular
  • In previous versions Pressing [Ctrl] + [F] would allow you to search your playlist.  Some how it is now broken and no longer works.  Please fix.
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bye Spotify, hello Tidal!

Since you stupid developers wont fix any of the complaints, im saying goodbye to you! F*ck this BS.

• Regular
  • Since you stupid developers wont fix any of the complaints, im saying goodbye to you! F*ck this BS.
  • boxeegrrrl
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes