Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no music will play after the ads. And no sound will play during the ads

no music will play after the ads. And no sound will play during the ads

I will be listening to a playlist and then when it gets to the ads no sound will play and the ad will get to the end but then the next song doesn't play and if you click a different song the no sound ad will play again and to temporarily fix it you have to reload the page over and over again. O the app it will do the same thing but instead of having to reload the page(because I can't because it is an app) I have to close the whole app and then play the playlist but it will keep happening. Please help I don't know what to do and I want to listen to music nonstop (with ads)
1 Reply

Hey @xjc6sgh7kw37bindkwcv 

Did I understand correctly that you have this issue on both the desktop app and the web player?

Sounds like as if something is blocking parts of Spotify's traffic, so I would suggest doing the following:
1. Try and see if this issue happens on other devices connected to the same network.
2. Try another network to see if this issue continues happening on your device.

3. Open Terminal to run nano /etc/hosts and see if there are any entries connected to Spotify.
If there are, you will need to go sudo to remove them - sudo nano /etc/hosts.
4. See if your firewall might be the culprit. It seems unlikely to me, but it's worth trying anyway. sufo ufw status will tell if it's enabled, and if it's a yes, then you can try sudo ufw disable to see it that changes anything.

5. If possible, try logging in with another Spotify user account to see if that does any change.

6. Do you use proxy? VPN?

Suggested posts