Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] Loud, distorted audio through earphones.

[Bug] Loud, distorted audio through earphones.

Often when I have my apple earbuds plugged into my MacBook Air and I press play on Spotify, I will recieve abnormally loud, distorted audio that clips frequently and presses on my ear's even when I turn down the volume.

If unplug and plug the headphone back in while audio's still playing, it will randomly return to normal levels, but this is unreliable, annoying, and gets on my family and friends' nerves.

Did the same actions on Youtube and other iTunes and volume levels were normal.

Please help! (And fix this bug!) Thanks!

Also randomly jiggling my plug inside the jack causes the spotify player to perform random actions such as pausing, skipping backwards, and selecting random times on songs. Please fix this too!

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed!

That's not cool - let's try and get this fixed!

Do your headphones have the same issue when plugged into a phone? Just to confirm, this only happens in Spotify?

If you could try a reinstall of Spotify too 😊

Thanks,

Nope, only on Desktop (when the volume slider is at 100% mind you), and its a fair bit louder than any other application. And when I say distortion... I'm no audiophile, but it seems like the sound yo-yo's a bit more and you can "feel" the sound pressing on your ears more than you should.

Tried re-installing and updating to the latest mac os, but still have the same issue. Of course it's possible my earpods are just getting on a bit, but they still work for most stuff. And of course Spotify never used to sound like this: I remember the sound being very smooth and the volume gradated. Now even at 1/16 it's still a bit obnoxious.

Thanks for replying to my nitpicky complaint BTW!

Thanks, @user-removed, and no worries - I could never listen to bad quality music, I feel your pain!

Do you have another set of headphones you could try? Does it seem to happen with them? If they don't then I would be assuming it's an issue with the EarPods themselves.

Let me know 😊

Will do!

Suggested posts