Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't nest folders and playlists any longer

Can't nest folders and playlists any longer

I have a folder called "Favorite Albums" where I have sub-folders for each favorite artist. Within those sub-folders are playlists containing each album. Example: Favorite Albums > Tycho > ... and then each of their albums within the Tycho folder.

Lately I've run into an issue where I can move a playlist into my "Favorite Albums" folder. BUT, if I try to move a *new* folder into "Favorite Albums" nothing happens. And then! Spotify disallows me from moving ANYTHING – as if the bug crashes whatever functionality allows me to move things around and organize.

The only thing that partially fixes this (i.e. allows me to move playlists again) is quitting and restarting Spotify. I have found that if I move a new folder into a *sub-folder* then it works, and I can then move that up the hierarchy.

Example:

• Favorite Albums
    • Tycho
      • Four Tet (folder)
      • Tycho - Dive
      • Tycho - Awake
      • etc.

Maybe it's because my "Favorite Albums" folder has gotten pretty large? And adding a new folder is breaking it? Anyway, that's the workaround that I've found that works. Really frustrating until I got to that point. Spotify, can you fix this?

1 Reply

the same thing is happening to me, but my folders aren't that big, so I don't think it's a size issue. I've found that I can move the playlists around again after I quit, which is the sign of a good ol' bug.

Suggested posts