Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having multiple 'Liked from radio' stations

Solved!

Having multiple 'Liked from radio' stations

Hey there,

I've looked around at threads about the 'Liked from radio' feature but I couldn't find any specific to my query.

So I had 'Club/Trance' genre radio on yesterday and I was 'liking' songs and they were being added to my 'Liked from radio' playlist as expected. 

Today I've put on the '90s' genre radio station and went to 'like' a new song thinking that it would create new playlist but it just added to my already existing 'Liked from radio' playlist. OK, I thought, maybe I need to rename my existing 'liked from radio' playlist to something else and it will create a new one from there because it can't find that playlist anymore. Now when songs are 'liked' all it does is add songs in to the same playlist as before even though I have renamed it. I also tried manually creating a new playlist, selecting 'Choose as Current Playlist' and then 'like' a song - the same thing still happens

I know you can right click on the songs and add them to specific playlists from the radio page but for sheer convenience I would like to be able to 'like' songs again in to a new 'liked from radio' playlist (mainly to seperate genres/music for certain scenarios). Is this at all possible?

Apologies if you get lost in that web of information!  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It has already been suggested over on the Ideas Exchange here. 😉 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

You can copy highlighted tracks from any playlist including Liked From Radio to a new playlist with the desktop client. Highlighting tracks to copy them in one go does not work in the web player though in case you are using that one instead of the desktop client.

Thanks for the reply!

However I don't want to have to highlight songs and then 'copy' them another playlist. I just want to be able to 'like' songs in to a new playlist from the radio rather than have any song I 'like' go in to one solitary playlist only.

I am using the Desktop client on a Mac

Hello!

You can't do that right now 😕 I would have thought renaming it would have made it create a whole new "Liked From Radio" playlist but it doesn't, i'm guessing because it created it for radio likes only. You are free to make an idea about this and maybe it will be added to Spotify someday 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Marked as solution

It has already been suggested over on the Ideas Exchange here. 😉 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm sure it's been suggested, but I'm also sure it's been ignored just as deleting radio stations has been ignored. Spotify doesn't seem to care much for usability.

I was considering switching from Pandora and the first things I see are how abysmally impossible it is to set up multiple radio stations. You created one I hate  and I can't delete. I can add to only one "like from radio." I can't rename playlists. I can't seem to have more than one radio station.

Why, exactly, do people listen to you? My experimenting certainly isn't giving me a positive feeling.

This bugs me, that I can't delete radio stations and I have two liked from radio playlists, one apparently from desktop and one from mobile. Even if I combine them, it makes another one again.

Such a pain.

Too bad, the request has been "disabled" because it didn't get enough "kudos" : less than 25 a year....

We can't vote for it anymore :'(

Suggested posts