Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist files cannot be found/played in other country

Solved!

Playlist files cannot be found/played in other country

Hello all, 

I have a problem. 
My friend and I have the same account and I'm creating playlists for him. 
Each and every track is playing for me fine here in Norway, but he cannot find some of the tracks in his home country. 
It looks like these tracks were added as local files or smth, but they were not. All of them were added using search and from Spotify database. Some of tracks are even from the same compilations!
Any ideas why this might be happening? 
Any of you experienced smth similar? 

Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated!

I've added some screenshots as well.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Ramu.

10264819_10152767486779278_102629754_n.jpg
972566_10152767486764278_865762173_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The music publishing industry is struggling to catch up with the 21st century and still grants music licences on a country by country basis. This used to be the case with CDs where tracklists differed in different countries and is the same with spotify. So music available to you may not be available in your friend's country.

Your friend might find replacement tracks for the greyed-out songs in the spotify catalogue though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

The music publishing industry is struggling to catch up with the 21st century and still grants music licences on a country by country basis. This used to be the case with CDs where tracklists differed in different countries and is the same with spotify. So music available to you may not be available in your friend's country.

Your friend might find replacement tracks for the greyed-out songs in the spotify catalogue though.

Suggested posts