Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists for Artists Issues

Playlists for Artists Issues

Hi I have searched the forum extensively for an issue i cannot seem to resolve..

So Im an artist with an artist profile.

I also have a user profile linked to facebook.

& I would like my artist account to behave the same as other artists accounts (big & small).

What i want to do is to add a playlist as an artist..

I already know in order to do this you have to have another profile (user), make the playlist there, then copy the URL over to show it on your artist page. 

This works but the problem is it also states the name that made the playlist & when you click on it it brings you to that account. in my case my personal account. This ofcourse is not proffesional, although other artist seems to be doing exaclty the same but theres only one difference.. 

When they create a playlist with another account it has the exacrt same name as the artist page.

When you click on that name it takes you to the "user" page of that account. But it never says user it clearly says artist and youll see a blue checkmark as well.

So from my standpoint i litteraly see 2 artist accounts with the same name linked together but one of them clearly looks like a user account as you can tell by the different layout, but still it says artist with a blule checkmark on top sometimes even with a different profile pic. 

Now the thing i really dont understand is that if i search for a particular artist on spotify, only the artist name comes up..

The user account that is used to make a playlist is not showing up anywhere. Only when i go to a playlist and click on who created it it shows me this hidden artist/user profile page. This is clearly the account that artists use to make playlist.

My question is how can you get another artist page under the same name but with user level credentials, being able to make a playlist & link it to your real artist page. but this is hidden from the search engine, but you know it exist in the database cuz it shows up on the bottom of every created playlist. & when you click on it you get to see another verified account by the same artist saying it is an artist but the layout clearly suggests that this is an user account.

I just want to be able to do the exact same thing as other artists do, big or small.

sorry for the long post, but i know more people are having this problem so i hope my questions will help alot more but ofcourse i hope to help myself as this is driving me a little crazy 🙂

see the pictures attached for more insight

1.png
2.png
3.png
1 Reply

Hey @G247,

Spotify used to merge artist pages with user profiles, allowing the artist to publish playlists directly under their artist name.

Since the launch of Spotify for Artists, it's no longer required to merge them so Spotify has stopped doing that.

Right now, it's expected behaviour that your playlist is published under your personal account, instead of your artist name. I'll pass your feedback onto Spotify about this though.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts