Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Preview listen in discovery tab doesn't work anymore

Solved!

Preview listen in discovery tab doesn't work anymore

hi,

i'm on os x 10.9.4 and spotify 0.9.11.27, premium membership

when i hold leftclick over a suggestion in the discovery tab the preview listening function doesn't work anymore. before that i i hold the mouse button get a preview of the suggested track and when i let the button go i immediately return to the song that i listen to before. now i've to click on the play button in the suggestion in the discovery tab and the playback of the track i listend before stops. that's annoying. because i liked the function to listen to a suggestion without to interrupt the playback of the actual artist i listen to.

regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It has been confirmed by Spotify that audio preview has been removed.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/30-second-song-previews-on-desktop-and-mo...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I'm having the same issue. Without the ability to preview songs its assumed that I know all the artist/song presented to me. Of course I don't (that's the point of Discover), so a preview functionality is really missing now.

I can't possibly know which songs are suited for me without previewing first. I'm back to using Discover only to re-discover music I already know of, instead of finding new stuff.

Same problem on Windows 7 and Spotify 0.9.12.10.g89b2a4fc.

Works once, then when you play something and go back to Discover, preview doesn't work anymore.

Same here in desktop app and in Chrome on win8.1 x64.  I've had the "plays once, but stops" issue before, but recently it hasn't worked at all.  Pretty important feature for the Discover page.  Honestly the only thing that keeps me renewing my subscription is that I occasionally find something I like in there.  I'm not going to hit play on a bunch of unknown stuff that further fubars my listening profile.  If I'm just going to listen to stuff I know about I can just as easily throw $10/month for some tracks on Amazon and actually own them.

Hey guys on this issue, I was just informed of was escalated recently and is being looked into, so hang tight someone more important should get back to this post soon.

I am having the same issue! I have undownloaded and redownloaded spotify to no prevail. They have absolutely no way of heelping people they just want you to complain to the community. They want our money but dont want to service their customers? It took me forever to even find a contact page and even then they dont make it available to get help from them. They have got to be out of their darn mind if they think we're just going to fork over money to their cheep a**'s. They have lost a premium user as of right now.

So 2 weeks now and it's still not fixed.  This is a widespread issue.  Even had coworkers on different environments try it and it's not working for any of them.  Cancelled subscription.  This is ridiculous.

can we please get some feedback about this issue form spotify?

thx

update to version 0.9.13 fixed the issue for me. 

Indeed it does work now.  However, now that I can hear what my Discover page has for me, it's clear that something is VERY wrong with the recommendation algorithm.  I dislike the entire page and there's no way to fix it.  This is a separate issue, yes but for me it might as well not work at all.

Nope the update has not fixed the problem. The problem is still here and it's STILL ridiculous that it's not fixed yet.

Well it WAS working, for a day. Now it's broken again.

The preview feature in the discovery tool is also broken for me as well. I can press play on the suggested song/artist, but it will now allow me to preview. (0.9.13.24)

jep is broken again. what a shame!

Same problem here. However it's broken only with windows. On mac it works correctly. Both computers have same spotify version (0.9.13.24.g5dbb3103).

Now I have the upgrad to 0.9.14 but still find that the discovery preview is broken. 

Yep, still broken with 0.9.14 windows client.

Is this bug still being investigated? Is there any possibility of a fix or is this another feature, like sortable search results, which has been removed from Spotify?

Marked as solution

It has been confirmed by Spotify that audio preview has been removed.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/30-second-song-previews-on-desktop-and-mo...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thats unbelievable!!!!!!!
Why??????

Suggested posts