Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remote group session option not appearing.

Remote group session option not appearing.

Even when I follow step by step instructions to get to the remote group session on spotify, that option is just not appearing for me. All it shows is 'current device' and 'no other device found'. No option to + or share or start remote session
7 Replies

I am experiencing the same problem on iOS. Remote group sessions has been replaced with Jam for me, but Jam does not allow me and my friends to listen simultaneously on different speakers (e.g. if we are in different cities entirely). I don't have an answer for you, but I am waiting to see if anyone replies to you with a fix.

There is no sound when trying to listen together with someone.
I just joined the groupsession but only the host has sound the other person doenst hear a thing.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please share your device model, OS version and Spotify version and send us a few screenshots of how things look on your end so we can investigate further?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

We wanted to inform you that the Group Session is being replaced by the new Jam feature. Check out our announcement for it and check out this thread to learn more about how it works. You should all have the feature already, but be advised that the rollout is still underway, so if you don't have it yet, it should appear very soon, just make sure your apps are always up to date.

Cheers!

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

but that's not the same thing... "start a jam" is literally just passing the phone around. I wanna listen to the music with my boyfriend at the same time when we are working out or using public transport THROUGH HEADPHONES.

This announcement says we can listen remotely in real time. But that is not the case, this is a big bug in spotify app and it is there from a long time. None of the user is able to use remote session, both android as well as iOS, and this is a major drawback of app. Solve this bug urgently.

Good news! Jam (previously known as Group Session) is now available in the desktop app! 🥳 🖥️ 💻

Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app.

Jam is now rolling out to Premium users using the desktop app. Free users can join an in person Jam using the mobile app.

To see how to use Jam and post your feedback about Jam and the Queue sidebar in the desktop app, please check out the main post:

Desktop: Jam now available

Desktop: Jam now available

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts