Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Friend Feed not loading, can't view profile pictures or playlist arts

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceMacbook 2017Operating SystemMac OS Mojave Version 10.14.2 My friend feed won't load which I see is a common issue lately but also the playlist arts and my own as well as my friends' profile pictures won't show. I have tried...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Macbook 2017 Operating System Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.2    My friend feed won't load which I see is a common issue lately but also the play...
  • amndawhtebrst
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

erratic play of unknown albums

Hi,After a time without audio, the app (mac) still open, starts running an album (from groups I've never listened to)... Annoying... You're quiet and suddenly a deep trance drum&bass...Is anyone experiencing the same ?

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi, After a time without audio, the app (mac) still open, starts running an album (from groups I've never listened to)... Annoying... You're quiet and suddenly a deep trance drum&bass......
  • kdcats
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend feed not updating

Hi! My friend feed hasn't been updating for a long time now on my mac. I've been running MacOS 10.14.2 (Mojave) and this issue has been here for like a few weeks already.When I look at my friend feed, I see the last songs my friends have listened to,...

• Composer
  • Hi!   My friend feed hasn't been updating for a long time now on my mac. I've been running MacOS 10.14.2 (Mojave) and this issue has been here for like a few weeks already. When I look at my ...
  • merlijnv2000
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Feed
    Friends
    Mac
    Social
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! MacOS error

PlanFree/Country New ZealandDeviceMac desktop OS 10.14.2Operating SystemOS 10.14.2 My Question or Issue The installer in the app download is .exe, which of course doesn't work.And the web player doesn't work on Mac/Safari.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/ Country  New Zealand Device Mac desktop OS 10.14.2 Operating System OS 10.14.2   My Question or Issue  The  installer in the app download is .exe, which ...
  • Derek21246
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Unsupported format" Playlist Images

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue When I attempt changing the image of the cover of my playlists the words "Unsupported format" pops up below. I was able to successfully change the ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue When I attempt changing the image of the cover of my playlists the...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Hi! I keep getting an issue on both my Mac and my iOS device where only certain songs can play and other's can't. I tried reinstalling the apps on both my computer and my phone and still had the same problem. The songs that can not be played are comp...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I keep getting an issue on both my Mac and my iOS device where only certain songs can play and other's can't. I tried reinstalling the apps on both my computer and my phone and still had the same...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play many non-favorited songs

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating SystemMacOS Mojave 10.14 My Question or Issue For the past week, or maybe a bit longer, I have been having an issue in which many songs that are not saved to my favorites lists are unable to be playe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country  USA Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System MacOS Mojave 10.14   My Question or Issue    For the past week, or maybe a bit longer, I have been havin...
  • zezehka
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify desktop crashing after latest update

PlanPremiumCountry Hong KongDeviceiMac 2018Operating SystemmacOS High Sierra vers. 10.13.6 My Question or IssueAfter I updated my Spotify desktop app to the latest version, it won't stop crashing. Have tried reinstalling, restarting computer etc. Pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Hong Kong Device iMac 2018 Operating System macOS High Sierra vers. 10.13.6   My Question or Issue After I updated my Spotify desktop app to the latest versi...
  • nlui
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily Mix Unavailable

None of my daily mixes have been available on Spotify desktop for the past, like, 2 weeks. They work on the web player, though...

• Regular
  •   None of my daily mixes have been available on Spotify desktop for the past, like, 2 weeks. They work on the web player, though... 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Some Spotify Songs Play but Not All

Plan: FreeCountry: USADevice: Macbook Pro mid-2014 I am pretty sure the songs that Spotify allows me to play are ones I've played before. Other songs will not play, the timestamp will remain at 0:00, and the icon will show a black record. This happen...

• Plan: Free Country: USA Device: Macbook Pro mid-2014   I am pretty sure the songs that Spotify allows me to play are ones I've played before. Other songs will not play, the ti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop song at 0:04

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemmacOS 10.14.2 My Question or Issue When I want to play a track that i haven't already played on my Mac, the track stops at 0:04, then a blue messages appears at the top "can't play th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System macOS 10.14.2   My Question or Issue  When I want to play a track that i haven't already played on my Mac...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play an album I used to have on iTunes

PlanPremiumCountryFinland DeviceMacbook Pro late 2012Operating SystemMacOS Sierra 10.12.6 ”Spotify can’t play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.”Once, long ago, I used to have a certain album on my computer – I h...

•   Plan Premium Country Finland   Device Macbook Pro late 2012 Operating System MacOS Sierra 10.12.6   ”Spotify can’t play this right now. If you have the file on your compu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueI have an MP3 in my downloads folder that shows up in Spotify local files, but doesn't play. I get the above error. I've searched the forums and found others with the s...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Macbook Pro Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue I have an MP3 in my downloads folder that shows up in Spotify local files, but ...
  • TScottM
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to create radio stations using any previous methods

Mac OS XSpotify version 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d Premium Right clicking playlist, song, album, etc. no longer has menu item for creating radio station. Going to Radio is also now missing the ability to create radio station.

• Regular
  • Mac OS X Spotify version 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d   Premium   Right clicking playlist, song, album, etc. no longer has menu item for creating radio station.  Going to R...
  • ebmocces
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only playing songs I've played before

Sometimes my Spotify does this thing where it only plays songs I'm familiar with, and when I try and play a song I've bever heard before it doesn't play anything. If it's relevant I had one month of premium which expired last night, but I don't think...

• Regular
  • Sometimes my Spotify does this thing where it only plays songs I'm familiar with, and when I try and play a song I've bever heard before it doesn't play anything.   If it's relevant I had one ...
  • Broses
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files downloaded on MAC, not on iPhone

Premium - USA DeviceMacbook Pro late 2013 & iPhone 7Both devices are 100% up to date Found out that one of my favorite albums isn't available on Spotify, but I was able to download from local files on my Mac. I imported said album and downloaded it i...

• Premium - USA   Device Macbook Pro late 2013 & iPhone 7 Both devices are 100% up to date   Found out that one of my favorite albums isn't available on Spotify, but I was able...
  • katberlin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to save a whole playlist/multiple songs at once to your Songs

This will be helpful for anyone who didn't know you had to save a song individually everytime you added one to a playlist, if you wanted that song to appear in your Songs category. - Access spotify on your computer- Pick a playlist or multiple songs ...

• This will be helpful for anyone who didn't know you had to save a song individually everytime you added one to a playlist, if you wanted that song to appear in your Songs category.    - A...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I cannot use Spotify for Mac

PlanPremiumCountryMexico DeviceMacBook Pro (mid 2012)Operating SystemmacOS Mojave 10.14 beta My Question or Issue I have a problem with Spotify for Mac, because I cannot listen to anything. What I mean is that when I select a song, playlist or whatev...

• Plan Premium Country Mexico  Device MacBook Pro (mid 2012) Operating System macOS Mojave 10.14 beta   My Question or Issue   I have a problem with Spotify for Mac, because I...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify says "song will play after ads", but no ad is playing.

My Question or IssueMac (mojave 10.14.2)Supposedly an ad is "playing" but there is no sound or video, or movement on the player whatsoever. click a new playlist, the blue banner atop says "will continue after ads" but it doesnt. so i have to quit spo...

• My Question or Issue Mac (mojave 10.14.2) Supposedly an ad is "playing" but there is no sound or video, or movement on the player whatsoever. click a new playlist, the blue banner atop says "will c...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Set a private session for x hours only

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemMojaveMy Question or IssueHi, How can I put my song into private session for only 1 or 2 hours ? Thank's !

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Macbook Pro Operating System Mojave My Question or Issue Hi, How can I put my song into private session for only 1 or 2 hours ?    Thank's !&nb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes