Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Lieblingssongs

When I changed to Spotify Premium all my "Lieblingssongs" desapered. That means, that I can't select them from the special list they where market earlier (marked wiht a heart). Where can I find them?PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDevice(iPhone 7, Macbo...

• When I changed to Spotify Premium all my "Lieblingssongs" desapered. That means, that I can't select them from the special list they where market earlier (marked wiht a heart). Where can I find them?...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Error when trying to submit my podcast to Spotify ( "missing description" )

Hello, I recently created a podcast and created an RSS feed using feedburner.com and using Internet Archive as my host (because it's free!). I then successfully submitted my feed to itunes and then wanted to submit it to Spotify. On the Spotify podca...

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.09.05 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.11.29 AM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I recently created a podcast and created an RSS feed using feedburner.com and using Internet Archive as my host (because it's free!). I then successfully submitted my feed to itunes a...
  • petergully13
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to add a profile picture

can't find anyway to add a profile picture on desktop app - tried all the solutions on here and nooptions are working macbook protravelling in nairobi

• Casual Listener
  • can't find anyway to add a profile picture on desktop app - tried all the solutions on here and nooptions are working   macbook pro travelling in nairobi  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching songs

I have Spotify premium, and just got a new macbook pro with touch bar, 13 inc. Since i downloaded Spotify there has been a lot of problems. Sometimes the macbook shuts down when I start Spotify. Lately the biggest problem is when I listen to music. T...

• I have Spotify premium, and just got a new macbook pro with touch bar, 13 inc.    Since i downloaded Spotify there has been a lot of problems. Sometimes the macbook shuts down when I star...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay is missing...?

PlanPremiumCountryVietnam DeviceiPhone 7 Plus, MacBook Pro 2017)Operating System(iOS 12.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.1 ) My Question or Issue I can't find Autoplay in my setting after following the tutorial of THIS. How can I find it?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Vietnam   Device iPhone 7 Plus, MacBook Pro 2017) Operating System (iOS 12.1, macOS Mojave 10.14.1 )   My Question or Issue  I can't find Autoplay in my...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect on Mac Desktop app keeps stopping abruptly on Sonos

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMacbook Pro late 2013Operating System10.14.1 My Question or IssueSpotify Connect to Sonos keeps stopping. Steps1. Select Connect to Device > Family Room Sonos speaker group2. Play a song from Spotify desktop app. Result:son...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Macbook Pro late 2013 Operating System 10.14.1   My Question or Issue Spotify Connect to Sonos keeps stopping. Steps 1. Select Connect to Device > F...
  • MPangracs
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Conflict between Spotify and Itunes

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil DeviceMacbook pro 2014Operating SystemMac OS Mojave My Question or Issue I have thousands of songs in my Itunes. If I try to listen for a music in Spotify, that is in my Itunes, the player displays te following error: "Sptofy...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device Macbook pro 2014 Operating System Mac OS Mojave   My Question or Issue   I have thousands of songs in my Itunes. If I try to li...
  • PigeonXtreme
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Made For You" section is empty in my mac version

Hello,I just started using the app today on my iPhone, after selecting my favorite artists for the first time, a number of playlists appeared under what is called "Made For You"(Great feature!!). However, when I downloaded the Mac version, I found th...

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 7.36.05 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hello, I just started using the app today on my iPhone, after selecting my favorite artists for the first time,  a number of playlists appeared under what is called "Made For You"(Great fe...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Move Album and remove tag

PlanFree/PremiumCountry ItalyDevicePc Notebook Opera My Question or IssueHi there, i've a question. Can i move an three songs of Album in other correct Artist Page? And then there is a wrong tag name in other Artist Page This is main anc correct Arti...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  Italy Device Pc Notebook   Opera   My Question or Issue Hi there, i've a  question. Can i move an three songs of Album in other correct Artist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Media Buttons not working (Mac)

PlanPremium1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7Country United States DeviceMacbook AirOperating System10.13.6 (17G3025) Media buttons stopped working. I have restarted and reinstalled the app for my mac.

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7 Country United States   Device Macbook Air Operating System 10.13.6 (17G3025)   Media buttons stopped working. I have restarted and reinstalled t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Will I be able to delete my song?

If I were to publish a song on spotify using for example Tunecore, will I later be able to delete the song for good? Or will it be up for ever?

• If I were to publish a song on spotify using for example Tunecore, will I later be able to delete the song for good? Or will it be up for ever?
  • PigeonXtreme
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Playlists] View all Playlist Followers

Plan: SPOTIFY FAMILY (Premium)Country: ITALY DeviceiMac (2013)Operating SystemmacOS Mojave (10.14.1) My Question or Issue I'm using Spotify from my iMac. It's getting very slow when I ask him to show my playlists. Do I need to upgrade the app or the ...

• Plan: SPOTIFY FAMILY (Premium) Country: ITALY   Device iMac (2013) Operating System macOS Mojave (10.14.1)   My Question or Issue  I'm using Spotify from my iMac. It's ge...
  • PigeonXtreme
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist wont load

Help please my spotify playlist wont load half of it I have 130 songs any recomandations

• Casual Listener
  • Help please my spotify playlist wont load half of it    I have 130 songs any recomandations     
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Friend Feed hasn't shown in months

PlanPremiumCountry IrelandDeviceMacbook Pro (Early 2015)Operating SystemMojave. Had the problem with High Sierra also. My Question or Issue The friend feed hasn't shown in months. It's not that it isn't updating, it isn't there at all. I've tried rei...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Ireland Device Macbook Pro (Early 2015) Operating System Mojave. Had the problem with High Sierra also.   My Question or Issue   The friend feed hasn't...
  • budlust91
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Friend Feed not updating

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceMacBook Pro 2018Operating SystemMacOS 10.14.1 My Question or Issue The friends' tab doesn't refresh unless I close Spotify and reopen it.

• Plan Free Country  USA Device MacBook Pro 2018 Operating System MacOS 10.14.1   My Question or Issue  The friends' tab doesn't refresh unless I close Spotify and reopen ...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing through phone when its off

My desktop player keeps switching playback to my iphone so I did a reinstall as the help pages sugests when the problem continued I...Unplugged the Phone from USBDisconnected from WIFIDeleted the appTurned off the phone Yet the app is still "playing ...

• Casual Listener
  •   My desktop player keeps switching playback to my iphone so I did a reinstall as the help pages sugests when the problem continued I... Unplugged the Phone from USB Disconnected from WIFI D...
  • PremiumTony
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Explicit content unplayable?

I'm not sure why or how it has happened, but my desktop player has completely disabled the playability of songs with explicit content. To say this mildly, this is really horrible considering how my favourite songs just happens to include it I've trie...

• I'm not sure why or how it has happened, but my desktop player has completely disabled the playability of songs with explicit content. To say this mildly, this is really horrible considering how my f...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Installer corrupt for MacOS. Tried many times - same result

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUKOperating System(iOS 10.12.6) My Question or IssueDownloaded from official site install won't launch reporting installation is corrupt

• Plan Free/Premium Country UK Operating System (iOS 10.12.6)   My Question or Issue Downloaded from official site install won't launch reporting installation is corrupt
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music starts playing without my permission

PremiumSpainiMac (os 10.12.6) My Question or Issue While my computer is in sleeping mode it starts playing songs i have never listen too. This happened 3 times during the last days and i wasn't using spotify at any device at the moment, neither the c...

•   Premium Spain iMac (os 10.12.6)   My Question or Issue  While my computer is in sleeping mode it starts playing songs i have never listen too. This happened 3 times during the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes